Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » ReceivePack and preReceiveHook
ReceivePack and preReceiveHook [message #1839060] Fri, 12 March 2021 08:19 Go to next message
tingting zhou is currently offline tingting zhouFriend
Hi JGit team,
I run into some bugs when using the ReceivePack and PreReceivePack to reject some git pushes operations if the packSize exceeds the limit we set.
We choose to use customize the PreReceivePack to achieve this goal, the problem is even though the command is rejected, the packs is also written to the storage, and some garbage pack and idx files are written into our storage which will never been touched. I spend some time to look into your code, actually, the write pack operation happens before the preReceivePack. Any solution to avoid these garbage packs? Thanks.

Regards,
Tingting
Re: ReceivePack and preReceiveHook [message #1839071 is a reply to message #1839060] Fri, 12 March 2021 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
I answered on your duplicate question on the mailing list
Re: ReceivePack and preReceiveHook [message #1848851 is a reply to message #1839060] Tue, 21 December 2021 09:46 Go to previous message
Maxim Kozlov is currently offline Maxim KozlovFriend
Hello, can you share solution for me too? thanks in advance
Previous Topic:EGit 5.12 SSH clone failing due to Signature encoding error
Next Topic:all github/gitlab java projects become "NO_HEAD" after upgrade git plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:45:26 GMT 2024