Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Error - Java Developement(I hava a problem with the Eclipse Java Developement)
Error - Java Developement [message #1838892] Mon, 08 March 2021 11:27 Go to next message
Bella Jesse is currently offline Bella JesseFriend
Hello guys! I am completely new to all this... so yeah. I tried yesterday to write my first Java "Hello World" program. I entered the code and the error was "Error: Could not find or load main class program
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: program" The name of my class is program. I red here and found the solution to reopen Eclipse. That failed, my JVM was not up to date. I have Java Version 8 and JRE Version 1.8.281. I changed the JVM to my downloaded JDK 15 which I have manually downloaded. I could open Eclipse again but the errors still apears.

Oh, and I also changed the Eclipse encoding to UTF-8.

I would really appreciate if one of you guys could give me a tip how to solve it! Thanks <3
Re: Error - Java Developement [message #1838902 is a reply to message #1838892] Mon, 08 March 2021 20:44 Go to previous message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
Hard to say without seeing your code. I would guess your code had errors, could not be compiled because of that, and you tried to run it all the same.

Errors are shown by error marker icons in the editor, and in the package or project explorer. By default, they show a white "x" in a red square. Check if there are any, and fix the errors indicated. Then try again.
Previous Topic:problema de intalacion
Next Topic:Working with C++ and Python in one Project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:15:23 GMT 2024