Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Eclipse e4 application wizard(The created app has a reference to an old project)
Eclipse e4 application wizard [message #1838526] Sat, 27 February 2021 16:58
Udi Kalifon is currently offline Udi KalifonFriend
Hello.

I am trying to learn about Eclipse applications and plugins. I create a new plugin project called "EclipseTutorial" and I make sure that:
- "This plug-in will make contributions to the UI" is selected
- "Create a rich client application" is set to yes
- After choosing the "Eclipse 4 RCP application" I hit the next button and also select "Create sample content (part, menu, command...)"

The sample application can be started but it comes up empty (just a workbench with a welcome screen, and another tab called "Sample View" but it is completely blank). In the console I get errors on an old project that once existed in my workspace but has been long since deleted:

!MESSAGE Unable to retrieve the bundle from the URI: bundleclass://********.firstPlugin/********.firstplugin.parts.SampleView

Why is it that it's still looking for "firstPlugin"? I couldn't find a reference to it by grepping all the files in the project, so I thought it's something cached in Eclipse. I tried deleting my ~/.eclipse and I created the project from scratch many times - but this old ghost project seems to be haunting me.

Where can this be coming from? Thanks a lot in advance!
Udi.
Previous Topic:The font color in SWT Checkbox Button cannot be grayed out if disabled
Next Topic:Plugin Development unresolved 'org.eclipse.ui'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:56:03 GMT 2024