Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Enhancing warnings from validator with resolve actions (Is it possible to show actions and/or a context menu with warnings from the validator?)
Enhancing warnings from validator with resolve actions [message #1838488] Fri, 26 February 2021 09:57 Go to next message
Jonas Sorgalla is currently offline Jonas SorgallaFriend
Hi everybody,

I have a quick question regarding the output of warnings/errors during DSL validation.

For my DSL I created a DslValidator and it works fine, showing my errors and warnings etc. For this I use the inherited warning() and error() methods from AbstractDeclarativeValidator .

Now I would like to also show the user some kind of context menu, with an action to fix the problem causing the warning. I imagine something similar to the "organize imports" on unused imports in the Eclipse IDE.

Is something like this possible and I'm just unable to find the proper method? Does anyone have any ideas / pointers?
Re: Enhancing warnings from validator with resolve actions [message #1838489 is a reply to message #1838488] Fri, 26 February 2021 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi, the concept you are looking for is called QuickFix in eclipse and code action is LSP

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Enhancing warnings from validator with resolve actions [message #1838494 is a reply to message #1838489] Fri, 26 February 2021 12:33 Go to previous message
Jonas Sorgalla is currently offline Jonas SorgallaFriend
Woho! Thx Christian for the fast response. I was able to find some snippets and other threads now that I know the proper terms. Can't google want you can't name :)! I think this will help me a lot. Thanks!
Previous Topic:Real time synchronization between GMF and Xtext
Next Topic:Accessing Standalone Index in O(n) instead of O(1)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:10:36 GMT 2024