Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Sirius Diagram/Tables and PropertyTesters
Sirius Diagram/Tables and PropertyTesters [message #1838448] Thu, 25 February 2021 09:41 Go to next message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
Howdy ho my french fellas :D

I want to add some actions to specific types of sirius diagrams, e.g. a menu only when a given layer is enabled, or when a DTableEditor shows a table with a specific description ID. Does Sirius provide an Eclipse Property Tester that can be used and contributed to? Otherwise we (all the sirius API clients) won't get around lots of plugin loading because we have to write our own testers.
If there's none yet, I can contribute..
Re: Sirius Diagram/Tables and PropertyTesters [message #1838449 is a reply to message #1838448] Thu, 25 February 2021 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I Found class org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.tools.internal.testers.DModelElementPropertyTester, but none for Tables, I will try to send a patch
Re: Sirius Diagram/Tables and PropertyTesters [message #1838669 is a reply to message #1838449] Wed, 03 March 2021 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello Felix,

We are fine, what about you?
I am not sure to follow. Yes, in Sirius we only provide property tester that we used, like the one you linked, and not every possible property tester on Sirius model elements. However, if you develop your own context menu, I don't see the loading issue with providing your own, especially if you contribute it in your VSP (odesgin plugin) or another plugin that will be loaded. Did I understand your remarks wrongly?

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Sirius Diagram/Tables and PropertyTesters [message #1838726 is a reply to message #1838669] Thu, 04 March 2021 08:12 Go to previous message
Simple example: I want to add a context menu action to a sirius table editor, but only if the table being shown has a representation id of = xyz, e.g. only in a Capella Requirements table. AFAIU, the only way to check that ID is to use an Eclipse property tester that checks for the description, e.g.:

https://github.com/eclipse/capella-vpms/blob/e3f6a1601edb57360cdf91015aca507db29bf1d4/plugins/org.polarsys.capella.vp.ms.ui/src/org/polarsys/capella/vp/ms/ui/DiagramPropertyTester.java#L39

To make this work, however, the plugin that contains the tester must be loaded, which can be forced, but isn't really a good thing to do.

If I put the tester in the .odesign plugin, this would work, but only for descripters of my own tables. What if I want to contribute an action to a table with descriptor x as a third party and have no control over the .odesign plugin? The answer is that the most appropriate place for such a property tester is the sirius diagram/table ui plugins themselves, where everyone can use them, and where activation is assured in all cases.

Previous Topic:Sirius Table scrolling while editing cell value
Next Topic:How to split aird files to improve performance?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:16:41 GMT 2024