Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Launch fails on one computer but succeeds on another(Launch fails on one computer but succeeds on another)
Launch fails on one computer but succeeds on another [message #1838350] Mon, 22 February 2021 18:06 Go to next message
Andy Hewitt is currently offline Andy HewittFriend
Hi there,

I have 2 Windows 10 machines, with the same version of Eclipse and a centralised SVN repository that holds the Java code. One of the computers has a slightly more old version of the JRE 1.8.0.202 and the Run/Launch program is successful.
The other computer has JRE 1.8.0.251 and the Run/Launch fails with 'Error: Could not find or load main class Main.Galactica'. The clssspath is : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_251\bin\javaw.exe -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252 -classpath "C:\Users\andyh\workspace\Galactica\bin" Main.Galactica

I am going to try and use the same JRE on both, but I cant see that being the issue. Anybody got any ideas whats going on. The Java code is the same.
Re: Launch fails on one computer but succeeds on another [message #1838636 is a reply to message #1838350] Tue, 02 March 2021 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Bo Jensen is currently offline David Bo JensenFriend
I don't know how complicated your application is but is it possible to copy the compiled application from the good computer to the the other and start it without help from Eclipse from the command line?
I can see you are using a 32 bit version of Java is that deliberate?
What version JDK have you used to compile is it the same on both computers?
Re: Launch fails on one computer but succeeds on another [message #1838653 is a reply to message #1838636] Wed, 03 March 2021 06:23 Go to previous message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
Are you able to launch a simple Hello World Java Program with the same JRE ?

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Previous Topic:Eclipse RCP: Error when exporting Sample Eclipse Product
Next Topic:Project Cannot see exported Jar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:26:48 GMT 2024