Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Please ADD information about "GEF DOT End-User Tools" settings(Missing visible informations about DOT settings causes "GEF DOT Graph" malfunction)
Please ADD information about "GEF DOT End-User Tools" settings [message #1838311] Mon, 22 February 2021 08:27 Go to next message
aguy Tech is currently offline aguy TechFriend
Hi,

Please add visible information about DOT settings, I was spent one day to have a good render for "GEF DOT Graph" window.
I uses Eclipse 2020-09 with java jdk 15.0.2 on Manjaro (our Ubuntu).

After many tries on my current confuguration... I was install openjfx, configure eclipse to develop with javaFX following openjfx.io/openjfx-docs/#install-javafx without success.
From a fresh install of eclipse (2020-09 or 2020-12) and "GEF DOT End-User Tools" installation, the "GEF DOT Graph" produces an error like
Plug-in "org.eclipse.gef.dot.ui" was unable to instantiate class "org.eclipse.gef.dot.internal.ui.DotGraphView"

Until I finally understood the problem comes from earlier, in eclipse structure.
I Found the solution on the page blogs.itemis.com/en/after-eight-eclipse-development-with-java-and-javafx

Simply adding this line in eclipse.ini
-Dosgi.framework.extensions=org.eclipse.fx.osgi
-Defxclipse.java-modules.dir=/path_to_javafx_lib

Thanks for your work ;o)
Re: Please ADD information about "GEF DOT End-User Tools" settings [message #1838312 is a reply to message #1838311] Mon, 22 February 2021 08:34 Go to previous message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
Thanks for the info. We have the information included in the README, but we can add a pointer to the End-User documentation as well.
Previous Topic:GEF5 with e4 RCP and Tycho
Next Topic:GEF5 FX: Using Connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:37:15 GMT 2024