Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Font in JavaScript Editor in Eclipse PDT 2020-012 (4.18.0)
Font in JavaScript Editor in Eclipse PDT 2020-012 (4.18.0) [message #1838094] Mon, 15 February 2021 21:16 Go to next message
Julian Puglia is currently offline Julian PugliaFriend
I'm using Eclipse IDE for PHP Developers (includes Incubating components) 2020-12 (4.18.0) Build id: 20201210-1552 OS: Windows 8, v.6.2, x86_64 / win32 Java version: 15.0.1 on Windows 10.

How can the font in the JavaScript editor be changed?

I can change the syntax coloring under Preferences > Web > Client-Side JavaScript > Syntax Coloring.

Preferences > Web > Client-Side JavaScript > Syntax Coloring says the font can be changed under General > Appearance > Colors and Fonts, but I can't find a setting there to change it. The settings there do not seem to have any effect on the JavaScript editor.

Every other editor is using the font that is specified in General > Appearance > Colors and Fonts > Basic > Text Font, which is Consolas 10pt, but the JavaScript editor is using Segoe UI, a proportional font, in 9pt. Segoe UI 9pt is also used in the Preview pane under Preferences > Web > Client-Side JavaScript > Syntax Coloring, whereas the sample panes for the other editors use Consolas.

Also, pressing ctrl-+ and ctrl-minus will change the font size in the other editors, but has no effect on the JavaScript editor.

EDIT I have tried changing every setting under General > Appearance > Colors and Fonts and none of them have any effect on the JavaScript editor. It appears that the font cannot be changed this way. Is there any other way to change it? Programming with a 9-point proportional font is not pleasant to me.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 February 2021 02:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Font in JavaScript Editor in Eclipse PDT 2020-012 (4.18.0) [message #1838562 is a reply to message #1838094] Mon, 01 March 2021 13:18 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently online Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Client-Side JavaScript is JavaScript embedded into a web page, not JavaScript files on their own. You are probably
opening your JavaScript files in the Generic Text Editor. Have you tried changing the Basic/Text Font?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Eclipse - problem with two runing php web applications from two different projects
Next Topic:How to include workspcace project folder in run URLs in Ecplise for PHP?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:05:30 GMT 2024