Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » UnsupportedConfigurationException: Project workspace location matches workspace root(Error)
UnsupportedConfigurationException: Project workspace location matches workspace root [message #1837919] Wed, 10 February 2021 15:02 Go to next message
Clemens Wodtke is currently offline Clemens WodtkeFriend
Hey there,
I'm just getting started with Eclipse and have the following error:

Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
org.eclipse.buildship.core.internal.UnsupportedConfigurationException: Project workspace location matches workspace root /home/clemens/workspace
Project workspace location matches workspace root /home/clemens/workspace			line 0	Gradle Error Marker

I honestly dont understand enough of the configuration of Eclipse in order to make sense of this.
Can anybody help me out?
Im on Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon and use BndTools in order to program for the OSGi Framework.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Re: UnsupportedConfigurationException: Project workspace location matches workspace root [message #1837954 is a reply to message #1837919] Thu, 11 February 2021 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It sounds like somehow you've tried to make the workspace folder itself be a Project. A Project can be a folder nested in the workspace folder or can be a folder elsewhere, but it must never be the case that a Project's contains or is equal to its own workspace folder.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: UnsupportedConfigurationException: Project workspace location matches workspace root [message #1854161 is a reply to message #1837954] Thu, 04 August 2022 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xichen li is currently offline xichen liFriend
I also encountered this problem recently, how did you solve it?
Re: UnsupportedConfigurationException: Project workspace location matches workspace root [message #1854165 is a reply to message #1854161] Thu, 04 August 2022 06:54 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Start Eclipse with a new workspace clean workspace (eclipse.exe -data fresh -clean-workspace) and when you create a new Project, don't use that folder as a Project's folder.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:How to Recover Deleted Project
Next Topic:Help for running Eclipse on a legacy Mac OS (10.9)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:00:22 GMT 2024