Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Run Configurations Project and Main class not accessible(Git Repository imported project)
Run Configurations Project and Main class not accessible [message #1837668] Thu, 04 February 2021 02:25 Go to next message
Temiloluwa Odunfa is currently offline Temiloluwa OdunfaFriend
I imported a project from git hub using clone URI and I found out that I couldn't run the project, I checked the run configuration but I can't even select a project or main class from the run_configuration tab. Please I need help ASAP
Re: Run Configurations Project and Main class not accessible [message #1837671 is a reply to message #1837668] Thu, 04 February 2021 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Which wizard did you use to import the project?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Run Configurations Project and Main class not accessible [message #1837674 is a reply to message #1837671] Thu, 04 February 2021 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I right clicked on the package explorer and clicked on import >> project from git >> clone URI
Re: Run Configurations Project and Main class not accessible [message #1837732 is a reply to message #1837674] Fri, 05 February 2021 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please does anyone know what to do, I have a project due soon
Re: Run Configurations Project and Main class not accessible [message #1837736 is a reply to message #1837732] Fri, 05 February 2021 05:12 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I expect the project is not a Java project. Does the project's icon have a little J in the upper right corner. Does the *.java file's icon have a solid J icon or a hollow J icon? The latter meaning it's not on the classpath of a Java project so has not been compiled and cannot run.

I'm not sure the best way to convert it, but that's described here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/179439/how-to-change-an-eclipse-default-project-into-a-java-project

I use the first "not recommend way" in that post. What the post doesn't mention is how to even see the .project and .classpath files. You use the view menu's Filter... and uncheck the *.resources filter". The Facet approach I think maybe depends on parts that might only be installed in the JEE product.

You can create a blank new Java Project with the wizards to see what's normally in the .project file and .classpath file of a Java project.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Building Error: Provider "jar" not found
Next Topic:GLSP graphical editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:15:49 GMT 2024