Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Sirius autocreates edges between nodes i don't want
Sirius autocreates edges between nodes i don't want [message #1837657] Wed, 03 February 2021 17:39 Go to next message
Felix Strothmann is currently offline Felix StrothmannFriend
Hello everybody,

i do have a question about edges between two nodes.

In my project there are two classes which can be connected through multiple edges with different styles. They are using relation-based-edges.

My issue is in case there are already connected nodes in my project when i do another edge between two different nodes but with the same relation that the same edge will be created automatically between the other connection aswell.

I guess i need to constrain the edge by an aql-statement in "precondition Expression" or "Tagret Expression" but to be honest, i don't have a clue about aql-statement.

I attached three pictures which should represent my issue.
In picture three you can see that the same edge with two arrows will also autocreated by sirius between the Circle1 and Square1 when i just connect Circle 2 with Square2

I hope someone can give me an example about those constraints i need to add.

Kind regards,
Felix
  • Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 6.30KB, Downloaded 43 times)
  • Attachment: 2.jpg
    (Size: 6.42KB, Downloaded 40 times)
  • Attachment: 3.jpg
    (Size: 9.35KB, Downloaded 40 times)
Re: Sirius autocreates edges between nodes i don't want [message #1837662 is a reply to message #1837657] Wed, 03 February 2021 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
Are the related edge mappings "unsynchronized"?
Re: Sirius autocreates edges between nodes i don't want [message #1837663 is a reply to message #1837662] Wed, 03 February 2021 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah. Forgot to mention that. Both edges are "Not synchronized".
"Unsynchronizable" as well as "Synchronized" don't work. In both cases the edges are only showing up with two arrows. (Never with just one arrow)
Re: Sirius autocreates edges between nodes i don't want [message #1837748 is a reply to message #1837663] Fri, 05 February 2021 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hi Felix,

It is hard to say without seeing your VSM (or at least the involved mappings). Have you checked the force refresh option on your edge creation tool?
If Sirius has created a new edge it is because the edge description in the VSM says to do so. But if the edge mapping is 'not synchronized', it should not create the edge.
Do you have the possibility to provide us a simple project to reproduce this issue?

Regards,
Florian
Re: Sirius autocreates edges between nodes i don't want [message #1837893 is a reply to message #1837748] Tue, 09 February 2021 18:22 Go to previous message
Hi Florian,

i also tried it with force refresh but it is still the same result.

Maybe i did something wrong with the UML-Diagramm aswell because there are a couple of Subclasses and maybe it has something to do with it.

I attached an image from my UML-diagramm as well as the odesign-file.

I hope thats everything you need to understand this small project.

Kind regards
Felix
  • Attachment: uml.jpg
    (Size: 49.54KB, Downloaded 31 times)
  • Attachment: MESOP.odesign
    (Size: 27.29KB, Downloaded 30 times)
Previous Topic:Note icon doesn't render when used as a bordered node
Next Topic:Making of basic functional blocks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:54:47 GMT 2024