Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse HelloWorld program not working. Error: Could not find or load main class HelloWorld Caused b
Eclipse HelloWorld program not working. Error: Could not find or load main class HelloWorld Caused b [message #1837090] Thu, 21 January 2021 23:34 Go to next message
Atticus Lee is currently offline Atticus LeeFriend
Hello,

My little brother is taking his first programming course in Java, but we've been having some major issues with eclipse. On the creation of any new program, it instantly gives the problem "The project was not built due to "Failed to init ct.sym". I saw a post earlier about how someone else was having the issue, but I followed what the responses said in that post and still didn't get it resolved.

Once I add code to the project and try to run it, it gives the error,

Error: Could not find or load main class HelloWorld
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: HelloWorld

I've looked through several other posts on stack overflow and the Newcomer forums about how to fix this, but none of them have managed to work yet. I have JDK 15 downloaded currently. but I'm not sure if there's an issue where I'm not pointing to it correctly. I'm not a huge fan of IDE's myself, so I'm pretty new to figuring out their issues.

I have included screenshots which I hope will clear up the issues I'm having. Please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks
  • Attachment: Error1.PNG
    (Size: 51.51KB, Downloaded 186 times)
  • Attachment: Error2.PNG
    (Size: 51.50KB, Downloaded 116 times)
  • Attachment: Error3.PNG
    (Size: 50.72KB, Downloaded 129 times)
Re: Eclipse HelloWorld program not working. Error: Could not find or load main class HelloWorld Caus [message #1837094 is a reply to message #1837090] Fri, 22 January 2021 04:35 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Please try to exit the IDE and then to restart it from scratch. (I think the IDE is using the JRE from the installer by accident when launched from the installer.)

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Mistake
Next Topic:Installing on Parallels server possible?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:41:35 GMT 2024