Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Direct edit label on begin/end label of edges
Direct edit label on begin/end label of edges [message #1837056] Thu, 21 January 2021 13:24 Go to next message
Giray Ozel is currently offline Giray OzelFriend
I am trying to find a way to enable direct edit of begin/end labels of edges. Currently the Direct Edit Label tool cannot distinguish whether the begin or end label of the associated edge mapping was selected. I would like to be able to set different features depending on which label is being edited.

I also saw an open issue in GitHub that could be related? (https://github.com/eclipse-sirius/sirius-components/issues/154)
Re: Direct edit label on begin/end label of edges [message #1837062 is a reply to message #1837056] Thu, 21 January 2021 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Indeed the direct edit tool only edit the center label as the tool can only reference an Edge mapping to be appied on, but not which of its label if there are more than one. Therefore it is hardcoded to direct edit the center label by default. However, if you want to be able to direct edit and modify different feature, you can achieve that by having only one label displaying different features and a Direct Edit Label tool updating different features using masks (See masks in Direct Edit Label https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/diagrams/Diagrams.html#tools_specification ).
For instance if your reference as fields name and wieght you can have a label expression: aql:self.name + ' - ' + self.weight. Then on your Direct Edit Label tool, you will need 3 masks {0}, { - } and {1}. This way the edited texted will be parsed and the name will be accessible by the variable arg0 and the weight by the variable arg1. Your tool would then just need 2 Set operation, 1 for each feature.

The issue in GitHub is a different topic, it concerns Sirius Web.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Direct edit label on begin/end label of edges [message #1837126 is a reply to message #1837062] Fri, 22 January 2021 13:20 Go to previous message
Giray Ozel is currently offline Giray OzelFriend
I see, thank you. The centre label with a mask is certainly a way to do it but it is not desirable in my case. I think I'll just rely on the properties window for editing the represented features for the time being. Hopefully, editing the begin/end labels will be possible in the future. :)
Previous Topic:Upload my own odesign file to Sirius Web
Next Topic:the following mapping semantic candidates expression could not be correctly evaluated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:15:50 GMT 2024