Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Again and again stuck when trying to resolve conflicts
Again and again stuck when trying to resolve conflicts [message #1836976] Wed, 20 January 2021 13:25 Go to next message
Michael Moser is currently offline Michael MoserFriend
Since years I am again and again bumping into this most annoying blocker when trying to do git conflict resolution using eGit's "Git Staging" view.:

After resolving a conflict and pulling it down to the "Staged changes" and then clicking "Continue" I come into a situation where there is NO conflicting file anymore shown under "Unstaged Changes", ALL three upper right buttons "Abort", "Skip Commit" and "Continue" are active but the two right-most "Skip Commit" and "Continue" do nothing. One can endlessly click onto them -> nothing happens. Only "Abort" works but that then resets the entire operation and one is back at square one. :-(

Why is eGit not able to continue or skip commits at this point? Or is it maybe done but doesn't realize it?
WTF is causing this blocker? There is NO way out of this situation (at least that I have found out over all these years) but to restarting from scratch, i.e. forking the branch anew and cherry-picking all commits over. Esp. if that branch has been long-lived and there were MANY commits this is such a PITA!

Why is this never fixed? I have witnessed this bug over at least the last 5 years and over >15 different Eclipse installations. I can't imagine that I am the only one always getting into this. :-(
Re: Again and again stuck when trying to resolve conflicts [message #1836996 is a reply to message #1836976] Wed, 20 January 2021 18:50 Go to previous message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
Perhaps other people hit this only rarely. Can you provide a small example repo (maybe at Github) with which one can reproduce this?
Previous Topic:[Feature Request] Method to explicitly set the auth method
Next Topic:Single Branch Fetch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:46:54 GMT 2024