Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Can multiple CDO servers be clustered and replicate to each other for high availability?
[CDO] Can multiple CDO servers be clustered and replicate to each other for high availability? [message #1836789] Thu, 14 January 2021 03:56 Go to next message
Warwick Burrows is currently offline Warwick BurrowsFriend
I remember from quite sometime back that multiple CDO servers could be setup to replicate to each other in a cluster for high availability? If that functionality is available, where can I find documentation on how to set that up and how it works? I wasn't unable to find documentation myself. The replicas must be deployed in separate firewalled networks so I need to understand the replication traffic to determine whether I can proxy it from one network to another.
Re: [CDO] Can multiple CDO servers be clustered and replicate to each other for high availability? [message #1836873 is a reply to message #1836789] Sat, 16 January 2021 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Yes, the foundations are all there. But, if at all, only few people use this functionality these days. And over the years it wasn't properly updated for new core features. In the end I doubt that you can currently just use it. And for analysing and fixing the current issues I'd need funding.

Re: [CDO] Can multiple CDO servers be clustered and replicate to each other for high availability? [message #1836874 is a reply to message #1836873] Sat, 16 January 2021 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the honest assessment. Is there a filter I can use to find the outstanding issues with this feature in the bug db? My use case would involve a light amount of replication, less than one object a day after the initial sync is complete. If you can point me to how to configure replication then I can try it out and see if it suits what I need. I plan to upgrade to the latest CDO version.
Re: [CDO] Can multiple CDO servers be clustered and replicate to each other for high availability? [message #1836881 is a reply to message #1836874] Sun, 17 January 2021 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could search bugzilla for "cdo" and "offline", but the list will be far from complete.

This morning I fixed the big CDOOfflineExample: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=570419
Now you should at least be able to launch the different nodes and see what goes wrong during the replication.

And of course there's the launch config "CDO AllTests (H2 offline)"...

Re: [CDO] Can multiple CDO servers be clustered and replicate to each other for high availability? [message #1836882 is a reply to message #1836881] Sun, 17 January 2021 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW., the CDOOfflineExample I mentioned is demonstrated here:

https://thegordian.blogspot.com/2012/11/use-online-data-offline.html
https://thegordian.blogspot.com/2012/11/fail-server-fail.html

Re: [CDO] Can multiple CDO servers be clustered and replicate to each other for high availability? [message #1836888 is a reply to message #1836882] Mon, 18 January 2021 00:17 Go to previous message
Thanks Eike!
Previous Topic:[CDO] fully load model object for use outside of transaction
Next Topic:Own ScopeProvider as default delegate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:10:25 GMT 2024