Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Unable to dock windows Eclipse 2019-09R + MACOS BigSur
Unable to dock windows Eclipse 2019-09R + MACOS BigSur [message #1836264] Sun, 27 December 2020 06:19 Go to next message
Dan Delgado is currently offline Dan DelgadoFriend
I have been using 2019-09R for one specific use: working on a Fantasy Grounds ruleset which uses LUA so I found this was the last version that worked with LDT.

However, this issue occurs with "Java Projects" too so I believe it to be unrelated to my Lua use.

I updated my MacBook Pro from Catalina (if that was the prior one, I forget) to Big Sur and shortly afterwards I loaded Eclipse for the first time and found that I cannot drag a tab from the source window to, let's say split-screen the source files. I then found out I could not do this to any tab window or even rearrange tab order on the bottom area.

Info that may be relevant - I looked at the preferences/Java/JRE and saw it was pointing to Java SE 13.0.1 in /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/... installed by Apple I am guessing. I suspect, due to my never having downloaded JDK13, that it was PROBABLY previously using JDK11. I could not find any other JDKs on this laptop post update to BigSur.

So I thought, 4.13 does refer to JDK11, maybe that is the highest version that it "works" with and I downloaded that. Installed it in a local directory and pointed the default installed JRE to it.

Nothing changed.

There was nothing I have done on this laptop for a long time due to day-job work load. In fact, it had been months of only occasional glancing at it (always able to drag windows around) and only noticed this issue about a day after the update when I first tried to move a window. Other than the Java13 install, not sure what else changed.

If it IS due to Big Sur, I am surprised there are not more posts all over the net. This worries me that the issue is something specific to my setup.

Please, any help would be appreciated - even if only a pointing at something to look at.
Re: Unable to dock windows Eclipse 2019-09R + MACOS BigSur [message #1841186 is a reply to message #1836264] Wed, 05 May 2021 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan Goff is currently offline Allan GoffFriend
I have the same issue. Upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur and now cannot move tabs or split windows. Am running Eclipse 2019-09.

Will upgrading to latest Eclipse solve this problem?
Re: Unable to dock windows Eclipse 2019-09R + MACOS BigSur [message #1857807 is a reply to message #1841186] Mon, 27 February 2023 07:19 Go to previous message
‪Mali Baruch‬‏ is currently offline ‪Mali Baruch‬‏Friend
Were you able to overcome this issue?
Previous Topic:Unable to use external jar files with Eclipse 2022-12
Next Topic:Save Eclipse Java Tomcat Server Logs to File
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:58:25 GMT 2024