Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Simple EMF model persistence to database?
Simple EMF model persistence to database? [message #1835995] Thu, 17 December 2020 21:30 Go to next message
Jens Bürger is currently offline Jens BürgerFriend
Dear all,

I am considering using EMF for a project where I need code generation.

The models need to be persisted in a (Posgres) database.

Is there a simple way to do that? I came across Teneo, but it looks unmaintained. The last update was in 2017 and it requires an old version of Hibernate (<5.0).

I also read about CDO, but it does way to much (and thus especially has too much performance implications).

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Simple EMF model persistence to database? [message #1836009 is a reply to message #1835995] Fri, 18 December 2020 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philippe EUGENE is currently offline Philippe EUGENEFriend
Hi Jens,
We are using CDO for our project since four years with two DB backend : H2 and PostgreSQL.

Overall performances are good enougth.
There are some performances differences between H2 and PostgreSQL.

For the recovery of certain data we go directly through database SQL queries.
--
Philippe

[Updated on: Fri, 18 December 2020 08:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Simple EMF model persistence to database? [message #1836529 is a reply to message #1835995] Wed, 06 January 2021 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gabe Colburn is currently offline Gabe ColburnFriend
EMF has built in support to serialize to XML. If your models aren't too large, you could convert to XML, store it in the database, and then when you read it back EMF can load the data model from XML.

If you have large models however this could be slow. In this case if you only want to load specific data CDO is the way to go.
Re: Simple EMF model persistence to database? [message #1837621 is a reply to message #1836529] Wed, 03 February 2021 10:33 Go to previous message
Jens Bürger is currently offline Jens BürgerFriend
Thanks a lot for your answers. Sadly, decision was made against EMF in general for the project in question, so this thread can be closed.
Previous Topic:Gather element lines when loading a resource (without extending XMLHandler)
Next Topic:sort elements in ecore model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:58:17 GMT 2024