Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Data Set Troubles(Can't Preview a Data Set with Report Parameters)
Data Set Troubles [message #1835976] Thu, 17 December 2020 15:18 Go to next message
Raymond Rebro is currently offline Raymond RebroFriend
I am having an issue using stored procedure datasets with report parameters.

If I create stored procedure data set and provide the parameters for the procedure within the query text, I can get preview results just fine.

But if I try and use ? instead of an actual value. The preview shows up with the error 'Column binding "1" "has referred to a data set column" "1" which does not exist'.

I looked at the query appearing on the server side and it gets a valid query that returns results. Each parameter has default values.

For the life of me, cannot figure out why this isn't working
Re: Data Set Troubles [message #1836044 is a reply to message #1835976] Fri, 18 December 2020 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbaak Mising name is currently offline rbaak Mising nameFriend
Did you change anything in your stored procedure? Did you try closing the query and see if you can pull back results in your report?

Re: Data Set Troubles [message #1836150 is a reply to message #1836044] Tue, 22 December 2020 15:30 Go to previous message
Raymond Rebro is currently offline Raymond RebroFriend
The contents of the stored procedure may have changed however if I am able to manually enter in parameters as opposed to using the Report Parameters and get the results. I would imagine that wouldn't be the source of the problem.

I have tried closing the query and the entire Eclipse environment.
Previous Topic:Restart page number from 1 when work order number changes in BIRT
Next Topic:birt sql add hour
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:42:33 GMT 2024