Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » version of IDE VS version of forte
version of IDE VS version of forte [message #1835865] Tue, 15 December 2020 12:05 Go to next message
xin zhao is currently offline xin zhaoFriend
Hi,

Now we are working on 4diac to add our MPC alogrithm FB.

The first issue appears to me is that which version is proper as we need OPC DA. Now after some work, we verified that 1.8.4 is good for OPC DA.

I noticed that we are using IDE version of 1.12 but with forte version 1.8.4. Is that OK? Can anybody tell me that is IDE compatible with older version of forte?

Thanks!

Regards
Tibalt
Re: version of IDE VS version of forte [message #1835892 is a reply to message #1835865] Tue, 15 December 2020 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

first of all it would be great to get OPC DA working on the latest 4diac FORTE version again. Can you support us here where the problem lies?

Secondly new 4diac IDE versions are backwards compatible to earlier 4diac FORTE versions. However I would strongly recommend to switch to the latest 4diac IDE release 1.13.0. It includes many improvements that will make your work easier.

BR,
Alois
Re: version of IDE VS version of forte [message #1835894 is a reply to message #1835892] Wed, 16 December 2020 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xin zhao is currently offline xin zhaoFriend
Alois Zoitl wrote on Tue, 15 December 2020 23:07
Hi,

first of all it would be great to get OPC DA working on the latest 4diac FORTE version again. Can you support us here where the problem lies?

Yes, that is my plan. Just need some time to figure out the problem.

I believe that is there any change log for new versions? I mean what features are added and what bugs are fixed.

Also, is there any roadmap for the 4diac project? It is a decsion factor for managers on how much resources be put into the 4diac project.

Thanks and Regards
Tibalt

Re: version of IDE VS version of forte [message #1835901 is a reply to message #1835894] Wed, 16 December 2020 07:53 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

xin zhao wrote on Wed, 16 December 2020 00:18

Yes, that is my plan. Just need some time to figure out the problem.

Great! If you need anything let me know. Happy to support here.

I believe that is there any change log for new versions? I mean what features are added and what bugs are fixed.

We try to summarize the major changes in our release news messages. More details of what bugs are fixed can be found in the pages for the individual releases: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.4diac

Also, is there any roadmap for the 4diac project? It is a decsion factor for managers on how much resources be put into the 4diac project.

We are currently very bad in road-mapping. But we are documenting and regularly updating our plans with issues in the Bugzilla. So you can see what is going on. At least at the LIT | CPS Lab where I'm located we are using Eclipse 4diac for several projects, where we extend and enhance it in a scrum like approach. So monitoring the Bugzilla and/or the release sites should give you a good overview what is going on.

Furthermore you can also look at the analysis on on openHub (https://www.openhub.net/p/fordiac). But please note that this covers currently only the last 4 years of development. This is since we have the code at the Eclipse Foundation. Previous code can be found at Sourceforge.

However as open source project we live from the contributions from our users. So I'm also happy to talk with you and your management on collaborations and support.

Cheers,
Alois
Previous Topic:Current status and future roadmap of 4DIAC
Next Topic:Bachmann M1 / VxWorks - Need advice how to begin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:28:32 GMT 2024