Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Current status and future roadmap of 4DIAC
Current status and future roadmap of 4DIAC [message #1835851] Tue, 15 December 2020 07:43 Go to next message
yu yan is currently offline yu yanFriend
Hi, IEC61499 are more and more discussed in academy and Industry worlds recent years. I think 4DIAC presents community a powerful tool for IEC61499 development. We are very interested to develop SoftPLC tools based on 4DIAC and deliver to our industry customers. We want to know how long this project will be maintained and what is the future development plan? Thanks.
Re: Current status and future roadmap of 4DIAC [message #1835853 is a reply to message #1835851] Tue, 15 December 2020 09:31 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,
we are happy to hear that you find Eclipse 4diac interesting. Eclipse 4diac is now available for 13 years since July 2007. We strongly hope that we will be here for at least that long in the future. But as open source project we are depending on our user base so it is hard to make predictions. I can say that my team and I are definitely working for the next years on it as we have it as basis for several of our projects at the LIT | CPS Lab [1]. I also know that it is used by several others who want to see the project available for longer.

Our current plans are mostly to improve the usability of 4diac IDE. There are some great features in the making for the upcoming March 2021 release.

If you need support for Eclipse 4diac let us know.

Cheers,
Alois

[1] https://www.jku.at/en/linz-institute-of-technology/research/research-labs/cyber-physical-systems-lab/

[Updated on: Tue, 15 December 2020 09:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:watching information disppeared after about 20seconds
Next Topic:version of IDE VS version of forte
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:45:03 GMT 2024