Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Trace Compass » kernel and ust traces alongside
kernel and ust traces alongside [message #1835727] Fri, 11 December 2020 03:29 Go to next message
simon beaudoin is currently offline simon beaudoinFriend
Hi.

I have used tracealyser for freertos tracing on embedded devices. I absolutely loved how you could see all kernel events and user events as spurius lines in time. That way you search for a particular user event and then analyse kernel events around.

WIth trace compass, I have searched all over, and I can't, for the love of whatever, find the way to do so. I mean, kernel traces are very boring without the power of coupling it with user events. User event view is absolutely useless, you can't see anything in the resources view like you would in the kernel view. I tried importing the kernel and user trace in an experiment. Both are displayed inside my experiment one under the other, but I still can only open the kernel or the ust trace one after the other. What I want is to open the kernel trace, view all what's happening in the resource view, and have the ust events displayed over the kernel ones to see where in time have the ust events occured.

Thanks!!!
Re: kernel and ust traces alongside [message #1835757 is a reply to message #1835727] Fri, 11 December 2020 17:06 Go to previous message
Matthew Khouzam is currently offline Matthew KhouzamFriend

Hi Simon,

First off, thanks for providing feedback, it's hard to determine what people want unless they tell us. ;)

About showing merged userspace and kernel traces... we have two ways to do it. At the moment, the first one is to get the incubator and see kernel lines in the flame chart view. This is really really nice IMO.

If your user space traces are NOT flame chart compatible, I have been working on a patch to fix that.
https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/tracecompass/org.eclipse.tracecompass/+/173517

Are you comfortable compiling trace compass, honestly, this is a young patch and still needs a bit of love. If you feel like reviewing it or fixing it up, it may get in faster, at the moment, I am trying to reduce code duplication.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Matthew
Previous Topic:Main toolbar
Next Topic:JAXB Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:01:48 GMT 2024