Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » use different GCs for eclipse and a project
use different GCs for eclipse and a project [message #1835712] Thu, 10 December 2020 20:05 Go to next message
under net is currently offline under netFriend
Hi

I am trying to run my app but VM fails to launch due to multiple GCs specified in command line, in my eclipse ini I have zgc specified because I want the IDE to be snappy but my projects need to use g1 for max throughput. I set my projects run configuration VM argument to use -XX:+UseG1GC but the actual launch command generated by eclipse adds -XX:+UseZGC, how do I stop eclipse from doing that, I can't find the options in the prefs.

Thanks in advance.
Re: use different GCs for eclipse and a project [message #1835713 is a reply to message #1835712] Thu, 10 December 2020 20:22 Go to previous message
under net is currently offline under netFriend
nevermind, found the problem prefs>installed JRE, select JRE>edit button and the problem was default VM args which apply to all projects regardless of whats in the project specific run VM args..
Previous Topic:I got a problem when I link mysql with eclipse, Unsupported character encoding 'MacCentralEurope'.
Next Topic:Cannot attach source code of an HttpServlet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:57:58 GMT 2024