Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problem creating a dynamic web project
Problem creating a dynamic web project [message #1835665] Wed, 09 December 2020 18:13 Go to next message
Jörg Schikora is currently offline Jörg SchikoraFriend
I'm using Eclipse IDE for enterprise Java developers 2020/09, glassfish 5 from Orcale and jdk 1.8u271.
When I try to create a dynamic web project with the wizard, I got a problem. The project and its directories are created in the project explorer and I don't get an error message. So far so good. But the wizards window doesn't disappear. I have to close it manually with the button in the upper right corner. When I try to deploy the project to the glassfish server with add/remove menu item, the project isn't listed. And when I try to create an enterprise application project and want to include the web project as a module in the enterprise application project, the web project isn't listed in the wizards window. So I suppose that the creation of the web project failed to complete although I don't get an error message as I mentioned above.
Can anyone help?
Re: Problem creating a dynamic web project [message #1835671 is a reply to message #1835665] Wed, 09 December 2020 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Were any ERROR or WARNINGS added to the Error Log view when this happened? And to confirm, you were using Java 8 for the server but running Eclipse with Java 11 or higher?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 09 December 2020 23:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem creating a dynamic web project [message #1835714 is a reply to message #1835671] Thu, 10 December 2020 20:40 Go to previous message
Jörg Schikora is currently offline Jörg SchikoraFriend
Yes, there is an error in the error log. Please look at the attachment.
And yes, I use Java 8 for the glassfish server. Eclipse came bundled with a Java 15 jre.
Previous Topic:Can someone tell me the difference between RC1, M1,M2,M3 release packages?
Next Topic:Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:06:46 GMT 2024