Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » I want to learn how to be a proper PHP developer
I want to learn how to be a proper PHP developer [message #1835610] Tue, 08 December 2020 18:47 Go to next message
welen baul is currently offline welen baulFriend
I took a job as a programmer analyst with a small city right after I graduated college a couple years ago. I have made various web apps like golf tee time tracking, purchase order requests, etc for the city. My boss only knows PHP and a bit of javascript and is all self taught and requires I use PHP to do things because then he can read the code and know whats going on in case he needs to backup support the things. He likes to just make everything from scratch. I do things his way 100% to accommodate. I only got basic PHP exposure in school, and am following his style for everything. Except I wrote a c++ program to write the base code of all new apps in his weird way so I don't have to type it up new every new project.

I want to know how to do it all properly so that I can start making apps in a way that will translate to other opportunities instead of this way that will get me nowhere outside of this job. If I can get going on this the right way I can slowly ease him into it so it will benefit my current job as well. Where do I even start?
Re: I want to learn how to be a proper PHP developer [message #1836818 is a reply to message #1835610] Thu, 14 January 2021 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earl windler is currently offline earl windlerFriend
Hey you can learn PHP and JavaScript From this following site
from
codeleaks.io
w3schools.com
learn-js.com
Re: I want to learn how to be a proper PHP developer [message #1836856 is a reply to message #1835610] Fri, 15 January 2021 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Scott is currently offline John ScottFriend
Hi!

PHP is a good language to start a programming career as a web developer. Now if you want to learn a PHP then I suggest you to watch some good YouTube videos and most importantly daily practice it what you learn. Some other resources are already mentioned below.

1) https:// www.freecodecamp.org/
2) https:// nextideatech.com/
3) https:// www.w3schools.com/

Best of luck to you!
Re: I want to learn how to be a proper PHP developer [message #1837538 is a reply to message #1836856] Tue, 02 February 2021 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mostafa Barmshory is currently offline Mostafa BarmshoryFriend
Start from w3schools.com

It is great to start
Re: I want to learn how to be a proper PHP developer [message #1838100 is a reply to message #1837538] Tue, 16 February 2021 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gabriel Luke is currently offline Gabriel LukeFriend
Only a word of warning, for the sake of it, it is difficult to guarantee academic right code. Always be pragmatic and clear first.
The theory of academic code is intended to simplify the holding of code and to clarify it in the right circumstances, but it is important to know where and when this design is actually guaranteed. For the sake of "correctness" it is very tempting to overcomplicate code, but this is a quick way to do the opposite of what is behind those values.
Patterns and concepts are tools and should be used properly and for the right job as all tools. This also means that they are not used.

It can be because it's pragmatic for the situation what the boss does. It may also be that he writes spaghetti code for procedural purposes without a careful design. Since I didn't see his code, I can't say. I would just like to take care of the over-design of code. It's a heck of a special kind.

Life is a Gift and Giving our Lifestyle said by Fahadkhan
Re: I want to learn how to be a proper PHP developer [message #1844067 is a reply to message #1838100] Tue, 31 August 2021 06:43 Go to previous message
Francisco Villalba is currently offline Francisco VillalbaFriend
I recommend you learn Design Patterns. And these topics to start:

Classes (Including abstract)
Functions
MVVM, MVC, MVP
External Libraries

A DNS server is, in its simplest form, a database of names and addresses. This DNS tracks the names and addresses of your hosts and queries.
You can configure your local DNS via your access point on 10.0.0.0.1
Previous Topic:Could not create the view: org.eclipse.rse.ui.view.systemView
Next Topic:How to prevent token matching inside strings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:00:16 GMT 2024