Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » eTrice » eTrice and Franca for generating test environments(looking for help how to get started)
eTrice and Franca for generating test environments [message #1835486] Fri, 04 December 2020 15:02 Go to next message
Dennis Dams is currently offline Dennis DamsFriend
On https://github.com/franca/franca, I read the following: "Generate a test environment for your interface instantly and see your interface in action! This is accomplished by generating eTrice models from Franca interfaces and generate executable Java code from these models".

This seems to suggest that it is possible to generate a test environment from an eTrice model. Is that right?

Secondly, it suggests that I can start from a Franca model, from which I can then generate an eTrice model (and from that generate a test environment). Is that right?

My last question is where to find more detailed documentation on how to do this all (if possible at all).

Thanks much,
Dennis.
Re: eTrice and Franca for generating test environments [message #1835507 is a reply to message #1835486] Sat, 05 December 2020 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Rentz-Reichert is currently offline Henrik Rentz-ReichertFriend
Hi Dennis,

Franca models pure interfaces whereas with eTrice you model components that implement interfaces. But be aware that the interfaces are implemented asynchronously. The standard way is by message passing, but also data driven communication is possible.
eTrice doesn't provide you with complete test stubs. But it gives you a component implementing the interface and thus a place to put your test code.

I'm not familiar with Franca in detail. But I also understood, that its is possible to generate eTrice models from Franca. I'm not sure though whether Franca still generates valid eTrice models (*.room files). But even if this is not the case I don't expect it a difficult task to adjust the generated code.

Hope that helps
Henrik

Dennis Dams wrote on Fri, 04 December 2020 10:02
On https://github.com/franca/franca, I read the following: "Generate a test environment for your interface instantly and see your interface in action! This is accomplished by generating eTrice models from Franca interfaces and generate executable Java code from these models".

This seems to suggest that it is possible to generate a test environment from an eTrice model. Is that right?

Secondly, it suggests that I can start from a Franca model, from which I can then generate an eTrice model (and from that generate a test environment). Is that right?

My last question is where to find more detailed documentation on how to do this all (if possible at all).

Thanks much,
Dennis.

Re: eTrice and Franca for generating test environments [message #1835685 is a reply to message #1835507] Thu, 10 December 2020 10:54 Go to previous message
Dennis Dams is currently offline Dennis DamsFriend
Thanks Henrik, that helps.

The way I understand it, is that from an eTrice model it is possible to generate something like a code "skeleton" in which the actual test cases can then be attached. The actual test cases (sequences) themselves are not generated from the eTrice model - is that right?

The background of this is that I am looking for tools that support Model Based Testing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-based_testing). My understanding so far is that eTrice is not a tool for MBT - but please correct me if that's wrong.

kind regards,
Dennis.
Previous Topic:[announce] eTrice 3.0.2 released
Next Topic:[announce] eTrice 3.2.0 released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:15:33 GMT 2024