Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Corrupted String size cache
Corrupted String size cache [message #1835210] Fri, 27 November 2020 08:18 Go to next message
Linuxhippy Mising name is currently offline Linuxhippy Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I have observed sporadic issues with string length caching with one of our application.
Every now and then (weeks or even months), RAP's string length cache seems to become corrupt - some users with specific Browser+OS+Font combination get completly garbled layout.
E.g. as shown in the screenshot, this time I get distorted layout with firefox but with chrome everything is ok. firefox on windows and chrome are also ok, but with IE11 other components look broken. After restarting the app server, everything is fine again.

I haven't found a way to trigger this in a reliable way, therefore I wasn't able to search for the cause.

However I wonder, are there any ideas what could cause such issues?
Could it be that high-dpi displays are confusing the string cache? Or could it be the startup checks identify a browser belonging to a wrong "group"?

Thanks, Clemens
  • Attachment: chrome.png
    (Size: 38.02KB, Downloaded 95 times)
  • Attachment: firefox.png
    (Size: 16.81KB, Downloaded 93 times)
Re: Corrupted String size cache [message #1836544 is a reply to message #1835210] Thu, 07 January 2021 08:55 Go to previous message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi,

text size determination is not coupled with the browser. RAP assumes that a combination of string, font, style is rendered in the same way in all browsers. One guess is that the user is using browser zoom feature. You could check this.

Regards,
Ivan
Previous Topic:Feasibility of caching ThemeAdapter computations?
Next Topic:[Workbench] selecting an action inside a view does not give focus to the view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:17:47 GMT 2024