Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How can I modify <<ExternLibrary>> std?
How can I modify <<ExternLibrary>> std? [message #1835199] Fri, 27 November 2020 00:44 Go to next message
Manuel Malagon is currently offline Manuel MalagonFriend
I was wondering if it is possible to modify the <<ExternLibrary>> std because I need to work with std::thread and it is not contained in it.
Re: How can I modify <<ExternLibrary>> std? [message #1835228 is a reply to message #1835199] Fri, 27 November 2020 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

You can't. Libraries deployed in bundles in the Eclipse/Papyrus workbench are read-only resources.

But you can create your own library with the types you need, to share them amongst your design models. Only I don't know what would be the semantics of importing multiple distinct packages named 'std'. Probably for code generation it wouldn't matter.

HTH,
Christian
Re: How can I modify <<ExternLibrary>> std? [message #1835233 is a reply to message #1835228] Fri, 27 November 2020 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Damus wrote on Fri, 27 November 2020 07:52
You can't. Libraries deployed in bundles in the Eclipse/Papyrus workbench are read-only resources.

Well, that sucks. I was fearing I would have to do that.

Christian Damus wrote on Fri, 27 November 2020 07:52
But you can create your own library with the types you need, to share them amongst your design models. Only I don't know what would be the semantics of importing multiple distinct packages named 'std'. Probably for code generation it wouldn't matter.

Yeah, it's only for code generation. Do you know how can I create my own library? Is that process just as a regular project?
Re: How can I modify <<ExternLibrary>> std? [message #1835238 is a reply to message #1835233] Fri, 27 November 2020 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

A model library is just a package that contains reusable constructs meant to be imported into/referenced by your models. So, yeah, the very same process.

You might choose to stereotype your library package as «ModelLibrary» for documentation purposes; maybe some tools would treat it specially, I don't know.

Christian
Re: How can I modify <<ExternLibrary>> std? [message #1835302 is a reply to message #1835238] Mon, 30 November 2020 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
... or you create a bug for Papyrus SW designer with the lists of elements missing for you in the C++ std library. Of course, are lot are missing as the C++ library is huge. Thus, I don't aim for a complete library, but it would be good if the likelihood to find relevant classes inside becomes a bit bigger.
Re: How can I modify <<ExternLibrary>> std? [message #1835310 is a reply to message #1835302] Mon, 30 November 2020 14:36 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher wrote on Mon, 30 November 2020 07:46
... or you create a bug for Papyrus SW designer with the lists of elements missing for you in the C++ std library. Of course, are lot are missing as the C++ library is huge. Thus, I don't aim for a complete library, but it would be good if the likelihood to find relevant classes inside becomes a bit bigger.

Well, I could do that, but that means I would be creating a lot of bugs and I don't think that you should use your time on adding stuff to std when you can use it for more valuable activities like fixing real issues.

I will just create my own std and add stuff as I need it. I just thought it was a way of modifying the included one myself, hence the question in the original post.
Previous Topic:Issues creating my own std library
Next Topic:Class attributes and methods missing when deleting it and dragging it again to the diagram.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:51:28 GMT 2024