Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » XText model to XMI model
XText model to XMI model [message #1835186] Thu, 26 November 2020 15:55 Go to next message
John Doe is currently offline John DoeFriend
Hi all,

I am trying to get around Epsilon ETL and XText. I want to use the XText model to write some transformation rules, but I cannot add it to ETL. ETL, only accepts the following model types.

index.php/fa/39420/0/

Is there a way, to automatically generate one of these model types from the XText model? Or any other solution that might come to mind?

Thank you!
Re: XText model to XMI model [message #1835203 is a reply to message #1835186] Fri, 27 November 2020 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamas Miklossy is currently offline Tamas MiklossyFriend
Hello John,

You can open the Xtext DSL file with the 'Sample Ecore Model Editor' using the Open With -> Other... context menu in the Package Explorer.
After that, the content of the editor can be saved as an *.xmi file using the File -> Save as Menu.

Hope that helps,
Tamás
Re: XText model to XMI model [message #1835235 is a reply to message #1835203] Fri, 27 November 2020 14:48 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Yes. Open with Sample Ecore Model Editor worked (10 years ago), but it broke quite sometime ago and I still have a Bugzilla open [1]. The problem is that Xtext uses the classpath: scheme that is handled by irregular code in Xtext's non-standard ResourceSet rather than by a classpath: scheme protocol registration. Consequently tools that do not provide careful initialization fail when using standard functionality..

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=446073

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Unit testing - Executing generate code
Next Topic:Cross reference between two Arms in thre AST Diagramm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 29 03:04:03 GMT 2021