Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Remove Preference Recording from Oomph(Remove Preference Recording from Oomph)
Remove Preference Recording from Oomph [message #1834893] Fri, 20 November 2020 00:26 Go to next message
Viswanath Pasumarthi is currently offline Viswanath PasumarthiFriend
I have my Python interpreter reset to a previous interpreter almost everytime I restart my Eclipse. I think it is the preference recording in Oomph that is resetting the interpreter preferences. I unchecked the options in Eclipse > Preferences > Oomph > Setup Tasks > Preference Recorder & Preference Synchronizer as shown in the attached images. However, the problem continued to persist. Please guide how to remove the preference recording or any presets in Oomph. Thank you!

Python Version: 3.7.8
Eclipse Version: 2020-09 (4.17.0)
PyDev Version: 8.0.1
Device: MacBook Pro
Re: Remove Preference Recording from Oomph [message #1834899 is a reply to message #1834893] Fri, 20 November 2020 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Use Navigate -> Open Setup -> User. You'll find a group named "User Pereferences" and under this will be various preference tasks for the preferences that you have previously recorded. You can delete any or all of those and then save the resource.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Remove Preference Recording from Oomph [message #1834925 is a reply to message #1834899] Fri, 20 November 2020 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viswanath Pasumarthi is currently offline Viswanath PasumarthiFriend
Thank you! I have deleted the preferences related to interpreter. I will have to wait and see if the problem is now resolved as I did not experience this problem everytime I restart but only every second or third restart. So far, the problem did not repeat. Can I go ahead and delete the whole 'User Preferences' folder? How would that affect my current working environment?

[Updated on: Fri, 20 November 2020 19:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Remove Preference Recording from Oomph [message #1834934 is a reply to message #1834925] Sat, 21 November 2020 04:03 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Yes, you can delete the whole folder. That will just delete all your recorded preferences.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Greclipse installation fails with Oomph but works from IDE
Next Topic:Java heap space during installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:23:51 GMT 2024