Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Drag the mouse to select multiple row headers to select multiple rows
Drag the mouse to select multiple row headers to select multiple rows [message #1834729] Tue, 17 November 2020 03:29 Go to next message
kevent smith is currently offline kevent smithFriend
Dear All,
I want to select multiple whole rows by dragging the mouse. What should I do? thank you!
Re: Drag the mouse to select multiple row headers to select multiple rows [message #1834738 is a reply to message #1834729] Tue, 17 November 2020 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
You need to register the corresponding ui bindings. If you in general want to implement full row selection you can have a look at our _5052_RowSelectionExample that exactly shows how to do this.

https://github.com/eclipse/nebula.widgets.nattable/blob/master/org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.examples/src/org/eclipse/nebula/widgets/nattable/examples/_500_Layers/_505_Selection/_5052_RowSelectionExample.java
Re: Drag the mouse to select multiple row headers to select multiple rows [message #1834800 is a reply to message #1834729] Wed, 18 November 2020 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry that maybe I didn't express the topic clearly. I want to select multiple lines by dragging the mouse in the row header.
Re: Drag the mouse to select multiple row headers to select multiple rows [message #1834803 is a reply to message #1834800] Wed, 18 November 2020 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Then you need to add a corresponding UI binding for drag operations to the row header. This could look like this:

SelectionLayer selectionLayer = new SelectionLayer(bodyDataLayer, false);
        selectionLayer.addConfiguration(new DefaultSelectionLayerConfiguration());
        selectionLayer.addConfiguration(new AbstractUiBindingConfiguration() {

@Override
            public void configureUiBindings(UiBindingRegistry uiBindingRegistry) {
                IDragMode dragMode = new CellSelectionDragMode() {
                    @Override
                    public void fireSelectionCommand(NatTable natTable, int columnPosition, int rowPosition, boolean shiftMask, boolean controlMask) {
                        int localRowPosition = LayerUtil.convertRowPosition(natTable, rowPosition, selectionLayer);
                        selectionLayer.selectRow(0, localRowPosition, shiftMask, controlMask);
                    }
                };

uiBindingRegistry.registerFirstMouseDragMode(
                        MouseEventMatcher.rowHeaderLeftClick(SWT.NONE), dragMode);
                        MouseEventMatcher.rowHeaderLeftClick(SWT.MOD2), dragMode);
                        MouseEventMatcher.rowHeaderLeftClick(SWT.MOD1), dragMode);
                        MouseEventMatcher.rowHeaderLeftClick(SWT.MOD2 | SWT.MOD1), dragMode);
            }
        });

Although I personally would prefer the creation of corresponding configurations and commandhandlers. But the coding style is up to you and I can't provide a complete clean solution in a forum.
Re: Drag the mouse to select multiple row headers to select multiple rows [message #1834848 is a reply to message #1834800] Thu, 19 November 2020 01:36 Go to previous message
Thank you for your perfect answer!
Previous Topic:Unit Tests - Issues with timeout
Next Topic:Column widths - scaled / unscaled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:34:56 GMT 2024