Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Crash when using recent versions of SWT on Linux
Crash when using recent versions of SWT on Linux [message #1834458] Tue, 10 November 2020 16:36
Will Rogers is currently offline Will RogersFriend
[This is my first post on the forums, so let me know if I haven't done something right.]

I have an Eclipse RCP application that has been around for several years. When updating from Eclipse 2018-12 to 2020-12 I suddenly get a complete crash on Linux (GTK3) when opening a particular editor. I've never seen this before.

Debugging suggests that I get problems when either creating a new SWT Image object or using a GC to draw on that image when not on the main UI thread. redraw() is always called on the UI thread. I can't recreate this problem in simple SWT applications.

When doing this I get a variety of problems including 1) complete crashes with the below message and 2) deadlocks, possibly causing my entire Gnome session to lock up.

Has something changed about SWT that causes this problem? Or were we lucky not to see it before?

The full detail is at https://github.com/ControlSystemStudio/cs-studio/blob/master/applications/appunorganized/appunorganized-plugins/org.csstudio.swt.rtplot/src/org/csstudio/swt/rtplot/internal/Plot.java should anyone really be interested.
Previous Topic:[Minimize/Maximize and Restore the window] shows black ui for a moment.
Next Topic:SWT Menu Frozen on MacOS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:32:18 GMT 2024