Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » FORTE and OpenDSS(Co-simulation of a Power Distribution System with FORTE)
FORTE and OpenDSS [message #1834375] Mon, 09 November 2020 10:02 Go to next message
Neil Higgins is currently offline Neil HigginsFriend
I feel sure I have seen a reference to an interface between FORTE and the OpenDSS Distribution System Simulator. I would like to know how this was done. Being not much of a programmer, I favour "easy" over "fast" or "efficient". Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance, Neil
Re: FORTE and OpenDSS [message #1834441 is a reply to message #1834375] Tue, 10 November 2020 12:31 Go to previous message
Thomas Strasser is currently offline Thomas StrasserFriend
Dear Neil,

I am not really sure if the combination of 4diac/FORTE and OpenDSS has already been done but we have previously used 4diac/FORTE already successfully in a couple of activities/projects with different power systems simulators (DIgSILENT PowerFactory, Mathworks MATLAB/Simulink - SimScape/SimPowerSystems, Octave/PSAT, OPAL-RT) in a kind of co-simulation/emulation fashion together. It always depends on the available interfaces but the TCP/IP communication (encapsulated in CLIENT/SERVER FBs) of 4diac/FORTE is a way to go which we have used so far. This means that on the power system simulator you would need to implement the same interface, i.e., the ASN.1 encoding needs to be realized in order to recognise 4diac data on the simulator side. Other possibilities could be OPC/OPC UA and other types of protocols. I don't have any knowledge what OpenDSS provides.

Anyway, in doi:10.1109/PESMG.2013.6672388 and doi:10.1109/PES.2011.6039314 you can some description how we coupled the aforementioned tools with 4diac/FORTE. In the later paper there is also a kind of MATLAB/Octave pseudo code included which outlines the TCP/IP connection with 4diac/FORTE and the encoding/decoding of ASN.1 messages. I hope this information helps you a bit!

Best regards
Thomas
Previous Topic:Conversion of array to string
Next Topic:Identifying function blocks individually within the code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:23:08 GMT 2024