Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Disappearing source tree(After an install, the source file listings in all projects I've set up vanish--taggytaggytaggy)
Disappearing source tree [message #1834202] Wed, 04 November 2020 19:45
Jeff Mullen is currently offline Jeff MullenFriend
1) Every time I install a new version of eclipse, then launch the new version, the list of source files disappears.

There is still a list of projects, but there are no source files associated with any project. I have to reconstruct the whole thing by hand.

Likewise, while this may be a lack of skill on my part, anything that is made with eclipse's onboard screen designer is permanently lost.

Data and graphics files that were present in a "res" folder also vanish from the list and have to be reimported.

This is true of a variety of hardware and operating systems. It is true of eclipse running under Windows 7 and 10 and under Linux Mint 20. The hardware ranges from an JP 8000 elite (3.0 GHz core 2 duo w/16 GB RAM) to a Dell Lattitude 6420 (don't remember CPU or RAM--sorry)...and...

2) I have an old Lenovo Thinkpad that would be awesome to have eclipse running on but it's 32-bit, Windows 7, and I can't find any version of the installer for that version of eclipse. You folks got 32-bit?
Previous Topic:Cant create the JVM
Next Topic:Install Weblogic server tools via marketplace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:48:02 GMT 2024