Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Loading UML Model with model library in standalone
Loading UML Model with model library in standalone [message #1834166] Wed, 04 November 2020 09:14 Go to next message
Jonas Geschke is currently offline Jonas GeschkeFriend
I am trying to load a uml model that I designed in Papyrus with a custom profile and a common model library. I managed to successfully load the profile and afterwards loading the model with resolved cross references. However I do not understand how to load the model library in addition, since all referenced classifiers from the model library are not resolved (are eProxies).

Do I have to add the model library only to the URIConverterMap or do I have to register the package of the model library in the factory map as well?

This is my code for loading a profile from a File URI and add it to a given resourceSet2:

ResourceSet resourceSet = new ResourceSetImpl();
UMLResourcesUtil.initLocalRegistries(resourceSet);

Resource resource = resourceSet.createResource(profileFileUri);
Map<Object, Object> optionsMap = new HashMap<>();
optionsMap.put("OPTION_RESOLVE", true);
try {
      resource.load(optionsMap);
} catch (IOException e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
      System.err.println("Could not load profile: " + profileFileUri.toString());
}
EcoreUtil.resolveAll(resource);

Profile profile = (Profile) EcoreUtil.getObjectByType(resource.getContents(), UMLPackage.Literals.PROFILE);

EPackage profilePackageDefinition = profile.getDefinition();
   resourceSet2.getPackageRegistry().put(profilePackageDefinition.getNsURI(), profilePackageDefinition);
   UMLPlugin.getEPackageNsURIToProfileLocationMap().put(profilePackageDefinition.getNsURI(), profileURI);

resourceSet2.getResourceFactoryRegistry().getContentTypeToFactoryMap().put(profilePackageDefinition.getNsURI(), profilePackageDefinition.getEFactoryInstance());

And this is my code to load the model itself from a given modelInputStream:

Resource.Factory.Registry.INSTANCE.getExtensionToFactoryMap().put(UMLResource.FILE_EXTENSION, UMLResource.Factory.INSTANCE);
    Resource.Factory.Registry.INSTANCE.getExtensionToFactoryMap().put("uml", UMLResource.Factory.INSTANCE);
    Resource.Factory.Registry.INSTANCE.getExtensionToFactoryMap().put("uml2", UMLResource.Factory.INSTANCE);

ResourceSet resourceSet = new ResourceSetImpl();
    UMLResourcesUtil.initLocalRegistries(resourceSet);

// here I register the profile with the above code

URI uri = URI.createURI("file:///anonymous.uml");
    URIConverter.URI_MAP.put(URI.createURI(UMLResource.LIBRARIES_PATHMAP), uri.appendSegment("libraries").appendSegment(""));
    URIConverter.URI_MAP.put(URI.createURI(UMLResource.METAMODELS_PATHMAP), uri.appendSegment("metamodels").appendSegment(""));
    URIConverter.URI_MAP.put(URI.createURI(UMLResource.PROFILES_PATHMAP), uri.appendSegment("profiles").appendSegment(""));
    URIConverter.URI_MAP.put(URI.createURI(UMLResource.ECORE_PRIMITIVE_TYPES_LIBRARY_URI), uri.appendSegment("ecore_primitive_types").appendSegment(""));
    URIConverter.URI_MAP.put(URI.createURI(UMLResource.LIBRARIES_PATHMAP),  URI.createFileURI(library));

Resource resource = resourceSet.createResource(uri);

org.eclipse.uml2.uml.Model mModel = null;
    try {
      Map<Object, Object> optionsMap = new HashMap<>();
      optionsMap.put("OPTION_RESOLVE", true); // Is this option relevant? Since XMLResource does not contain it.
      optionsMap.put(XMLResource.OPTION_DEFER_IDREF_RESOLUTION, true);
      resource.load(modelInputStream, optionsMap);
      DEBUG.info("... loaded");
      EcoreUtil.resolveAll(resource);
      DEBUG.info("... resolved");
      mModel = (org.eclipse.uml2.uml.Model)EcoreUtil.getObjectByType(resource.getContents(), UMLPackage.Literals.MODEL);
      DEBUG.info("... done");
      // mModel = (org.eclipse.uml2.uml.Model)resource.getContents().get(0);
      // EcoreUtil.resolveAll(mModel);
    }
    catch (Exception e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
      throw new UModelException("XMI 2.1 parsing failed: " + e);
    }
    if (mModel == null)
      throw new UModelException("No model found in XMI 2.1 input");
Re: Loading UML Model with model library in standalone [message #1834201 is a reply to message #1834166] Wed, 04 November 2020 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Use UMLResourcesUtil.init() that was developed for almost exactly this purpose.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Loading UML Model with model library in standalone [message #1834214 is a reply to message #1834201] Thu, 05 November 2020 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ed,

As you can see from my code I am already using
UMLResourcesUtil.initLocalRegistries().
My understanding is, that this function initialises the resource set with the standard libraries such as UML/XML and ECore, am I right?

This does not handle a custom model library or am I wrong?

Also if I substitute initLocalRegistries with init it throws following exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/emf/mapping/ecore2xml/Ecore2XMLRegistry
	at org.eclipse.uml2.uml.resource.UML302UMLResource$Factory.<clinit>(UML302UMLResource.java:32)
	at org.eclipse.uml2.uml.util.UMLUtil.init(UMLUtil.java:13487)
Re: Loading UML Model with model library in standalone [message #1834217 is a reply to message #1834201] Thu, 05 November 2020 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I fixed that exception ( I was missing a emf dependency).

I still changed it to UMLResourcesUtil.init() but it didn't change anything.
The reference are still of type ClassImpl with proxy to the Custom Library file.
Re: Loading UML Model with model library in standalone [message #1834221 is a reply to message #1834214] Thu, 05 November 2020 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
German Vega is currently offline German VegaFriend
Hi,

You have two things to do to make this work in standalone , setting up appropriately all the registries in the ResourceSet, and setting up your classpath with all the appropriate dependencies.

For setting up the ResourcSet use UMLResourcesUtil.init() ** not UMLResourcesUtil.initLocalRegistries() ** it will take care of the file extension registration, mapping pathmaps that you are doing manually

Something like this (not tested, just copy/pasted snippets from my own code) should work

ResourceSet resources= new ResourceSetImpl();
UMLResourcesUtil.init(resources);

URI profileURI  = URI.createFileURI(*** your profile file location *** );
Resource profileResource = resources.getResource(profileURI,true);
Profile profile = (Profile )  EcoreUtil.getObjectByType(profileResource.getContents(),UMLPackage.Literals.PROFILE);

EPackage definitionPackage = (EPackage) profile.getDefinition();
resources.getPackageRegistry().put(definitionPackage.getNsURI(),definitionPackage);
UMLPlugin.getEPackageNsURIToProfileLocationMap().put(definitionPackage.getNsURI(), EcoreUtil.getURI(profile)); 	

URI modelURI  = URI.createFileURI(** your model file  location **);
Resource modelResource =resources.getResource(modelURI  , true);
Package umlPackage = (Package)   EcoreUtil.getObjectByType(modelResource.getContents(),UMLPackage.Literals.PACKAGE);

If your common library is referenced using relatives URIs that point to the right place in the file system this should be enough to lazily load the library when resolving proxies. However if your file directory structure is not the same as your workspace project structure you may have problems.

Where is located your common library? open your UML model with a text file editor and look at the URI used to reference the elements in the library.

If the URIs do not map well to your file system structure , you may need to add an URI mapping to the resource set

something like this (not tested)

/*
 * The logical location of the library
 */
URI libraryURI	= URI.createURI(** the resolved absolute URI of the library as referenced from the model**);

/*
 * The physical location of the library
 */
URI libraryLocation =  URI.createFileURI(** your library file  location **);

/*
 * Map the logical location to the corresponding physical location
 */
resources.getURIConverter().getURIMap().put(libraryURI,libraryLocation );

Have you tried to print the proxy URi for the unresolved elements of the library?

[Updated on: Thu, 05 November 2020 12:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Loading UML Model with model library in standalone [message #1834242 is a reply to message #1834221] Thu, 05 November 2020 14:03 Go to previous message
Thank yourvery much!
The Problem was that my model referenced the library model relatively and they were in the same directory, but my program was in a different path so I had to use the URIMapper.
Previous Topic:Implement method in ecore
Next Topic:Locating Cross References to Workspace Links in Headless Operation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:15:32 GMT 2024