Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Cannot find FORTE_TestStruct.cpp for struct data types(Integrating struct data types)
Cannot find FORTE_TestStruct.cpp for struct data types [message #1834147] Tue, 03 November 2020 19:57 Go to next message
Felix Böseler is currently offline Felix BöselerFriend
In our 4diac System we want to send commands from one function block to another function block. Since some of the data for commands depends on the command type, we don't want to create primitive data outputs for each possible output and just send the command type so that the other block can decide which data it has to collect.

Our first approach would be to use json encodings for the command with the schema { "command" : <<command>>, <<conditional-arguments>>}. In order to omit the json deserialization and serialization we then thought about using data structs as described in https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/en_help.php?helppage=html/development/forte_struct.html.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to find the FORTE_TestStruct.cpp in any Forte version provided at https://git.eclipse.org/c/4diac/org.eclipse.4diac.forte.git. Furthermore, we don't know what is meant with 4DIAC-LIB. We weren't able to find TestStruct.dtp in any IDE Version probvided at https://git.eclipse.org/c/4diac/org.eclipse.4diac.ide.git either.

If we use Data Structs instead of JSON Strings, we need the ability of polymorphism. The receiver block needs to be able to receive messages of the struct type Abstract-Command which only specifies a command type field. In the receiver block we then would like to cast the message to the specific message type (depending on the result of the command type field).

Many thanks in advance
Re: Cannot find FORTE_TestStruct.cpp for struct data types [message #1834149 is a reply to message #1834147] Tue, 03 November 2020 20:57 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Oh I fear our documentation needs some update here. Since 4diac 1.13.0 4diac IDE provides an own editor for Structured Data types: Just create one with the new Type wizard. In addition we also have a C++ code generator. Therefore you don't need the source code for the FORTE_TESTStruct anymore.

Regarding your abstract command syntax: I'm not sure if I totaly understand you. Are you sending the commands over some kind of network? I think that you need an specific receiver which would then perform the parsing and switching in C++ code. I currently don't see how that could be done with the means of IEC 61131-3 or IEC 61499. But I may be wrong here or not fully understand your idea.
Previous Topic:Open62541 server failed to start
Next Topic:MQTT - NO Socket issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:56:45 GMT 2024