Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » SWTBot() - Could not find a display - Eclipse 2020
SWTBot() - Could not find a display - Eclipse 2020 [message #1834099] Mon, 02 November 2020 16:10 Go to next message
Cédric Parpet is currently offline Cédric ParpetFriend
Hi,
I'm trying to use SWTBot on Eclipse and run into some trouble when following some tutorials and exemple.
On eclipse 2020-09 whenever I try to run a code I get an error due to the method SWTBot() to initialize the bot.
index.php/fa/39183/0/
index.php/fa/39184/0/

It happened with several tutorials or exemple I followed, like these ones (can't give the url as i'm new):
SWTBot for testing Eclipse Applications - Tutorial - on vogella website
https://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/UsersGuide
Testing SWT GUI with SWTBot - on StackOverflow

When trying these on a previous version of eclipse 2019-06 it works (or in vogella's exemple, the error are no longer due to the initialization of the bot but to missing elements in UI).
index.php/fa/39186/0/
index.php/fa/39185/0/

About the code I'm testing:
For vogella it's the one in the section 4.3 Create Test
In the userGuide it's the one in section "Getting started with SWTBot for Eclipse Plugins"

About my run Configurations:
On the 2020 I tried with both JUnit plugin test and SWTBot Test. I was careful to not run the test in UI thread as said in documentation. I run the tests with java 1.8 and java 14.
On the 2019 version I tried only with the JUnit Plugin test and without thread UI, I run the tests with java 1.8.

So what I'm looking for is a way to run my tests with SWTBot on the 2020 version. I couldn't find any information about such error.
I will gladly provide more informations if you need.
Re: SWTBot() - Could not find a display - Eclipse 2020 [message #1834370 is a reply to message #1834099] Mon, 09 November 2020 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cédric Parpet is currently offline Cédric ParpetFriend
Turns out the problem was not due to a different version of eclipse but to a specific module in another project in my workspace. I remove it and now it's ok.
Re: SWTBot() - Could not find a display - Eclipse 2020 [message #1834466 is a reply to message #1834370] Tue, 10 November 2020 19:26 Go to previous message
Patrick Tasse is currently offline Patrick TasseFriend
Hi Cedric,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm glad you resolved your problem and it's nice that you follow-up with the explanation of your issue.

Before I saw your response I was going to suggest to verify how your Run/Debug Configuration was setup, in Main > Program to Run.

We usually put Run a product: org.eclipse.platform.ide. It's the application that creates the display so if it was set to Run an application: Headless Mode then there is no display and we get the same error you reported.

Patrick
Previous Topic:SWTBot _Tycho
Next Topic:How to open a menu?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:01:04 GMT 2024