Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » eclipse - error(run error - beginner level)
eclipse - error [message #1834071] Sun, 01 November 2020 16:22 Go to next message
Kian Mardani is currently offline Kian MardaniFriend
Hello,
I am trying to learn how to use eclipse and writing my first program in eclipse but I get this error:
Error: Could not find or load main class example
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: example

In case it makes a difference, I notice a red icon next to the project name.
Any suggestions please?

Thank you
Re: eclipse - error [message #1834076 is a reply to message #1834071] Sun, 01 November 2020 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
One thing you can do to ensure you have relevant diagnostics is to configure the "Problems" view to show "Errors/Warnings on Project". In the latest version of Eclipse (we have no idea what version you have), you get to this from the "..." (vertical) icon at the top right of the Problems view. That will tell you if there are more specific error messages.

You should verify that in the "Project" menu, you have "Build Automatically" checked.
Re: eclipse - error [message #1834077 is a reply to message #1834076] Mon, 02 November 2020 02:21 Go to previous message
Manoj N Palat is currently offline Manoj N PalatFriend
Hi Kian,
I believe you have a JRE in the project [On the explorer, you need to expand to see that you have a JRE attached to this] - Assuming you have, and if you still face issues, please file a bug at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=JDT , choose the component as Core and we can take a look.

Regards,
Manoj

Manoj N Palat
Eclipse Java Development Tools (JDT).
Previous Topic:Ant Build import
Next Topic:How to make default codes to appear when you type a keyword and hit tab in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:53:31 GMT 2024