Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » CSS reference element selector
CSS reference element selector [message #1834001] Thu, 29 October 2020 18:48 Go to next message
Christoph Lehr is currently offline Christoph LehrFriend
Hi all,

I'm trying to write a CSS selector for accessing a child member of a Reference. As I prior never worked with CSS I don't really know how the selectors work/work inside Papyrus.

I have a Stereotype called Reference applied to a Generalization. This stereotype has a member called referenceType which is of ReferenceType and based on the used ReferenceType I want to change the visuals of the Generalization, e.g. if "isSymmetric" is set to true, there shall be arrows on both sides.

I managed to access the members of Reference but not of the referenced ReferenceType.

Here https://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT/Papyrus/UserGuide/CSS#Selector_properties is written that I should be able to access the reference, but I don't really understand how.
Quote:
References to named elements (UML NamedElement or Ecore ENamedElement): [type=String]

I found the following forum post but I don't understand it https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=664574&goto=1278528&#msg_1278528

Optionally I want to display text which is stored inside a ReferenceType on the Generalization, is this somehow possible?

Thanks for your help.
BR Christoph

[Updated on: Thu, 29 October 2020 18:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CSS reference element selector [message #1834013 is a reply to message #1834001] Fri, 30 October 2020 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Christoph,

CSS don't support properties navigation as any programming language would. You can only check the value of one property at a time. In Papyrus, we added some support for references to NamedElements, but that's limited to one level.

For example, if you have a Property typed with a Class named String, you can write the following rules:

Property[isStatic=true]{ // Standard primitive types
}
Property[type=String]{ // References to NamedElements
}

However, you can't write rules that require navigating the references, such as:

Property[type.isAbstract=true] { // Any property typed with an abstract classifier
// Not a valid rule
}

There are a few cases where we implemented custom properties to workaround this issue, such as the "typeAppliedStereotypes" which can be used to test that a specific Stereotype is applied to a Type, from a TypedElement (e.g. Property); but this isn't really recommended:

Property[typeAppliedStereotypes=Block] { // A Property typed with a Classifier that is stereotyped with a Block.
// Valid rule, but requires custom implementation of the typeAppliedStereotypes property
}

Quote:
Optionally I want to display text which is stored inside a ReferenceType on the Generalization, is this somehow possible?

This is beyond the scope of CSS; you would have to extend the Diagram(s) for that.

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: CSS reference element selector [message #1834015 is a reply to message #1834013] Fri, 30 October 2020 08:48 Go to previous message
Christoph Lehr is currently offline Christoph LehrFriend
Hi Camille,

thanks for you answer.
Then I will have to find some workaround on providing the data to the stereotype application.

Quote:

This is beyond the scope of CSS; you would have to extend the Diagram(s) for that.

Is there a way to display anything on a generalization except in comments?

As a workaround I try to only view certain stereotype members in the comment. Is it possible to write a CSS selector which only applies to Comments of Generalizaitons?

Thanks for your help

[Updated on: Fri, 30 October 2020 10:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Custom shape not shown
Next Topic:Custom builder in Papyrus-based RCP won't run
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:09:27 GMT 2024