Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Custom builder in Papyrus-based RCP won't run
Custom builder in Papyrus-based RCP won't run [message #1833973] Thu, 29 October 2020 10:00 Go to next message
Oliver Gardiner is currently offline Oliver GardinerFriend
I have an RCP application that packages Papyrus (vanilla) and our own plugin to add specific functionality on top of UML. One of the things I would like to do is add a custom validator to add markers and I have been trying to use the org.eclipse.core.resources.builders extension point to do this.

I have created both a Nature and a Builder extension and when I add the Nature, I can see Builder is correctly added to the Build Spec. When I look in .project, I can see that the Build Spec is referencing the right class with the right id. However, when I attempt to force any build (either through turning on Auto Build or manually forcing a build) nothing happens - i.e. the build method of the builder is never called (running it under debug in PDE).

Does Papyrus disable the build process in some way or is it user error? Any help much appreciated!
Re: Custom builder in Papyrus-based RCP won't run [message #1833980 is a reply to message #1833973] Thu, 29 October 2020 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hi Oliver,

It seems that Papyrus doesn't check for builder.

However one of our curent action is to add some builder in Papyrus, if you want to see the code you can find it here [1].

Best regards,
Pauline

1. https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus/+/170355
Re: Custom builder in Papyrus-based RCP won't run [message #1833984 is a reply to message #1833980] Thu, 29 October 2020 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Gardiner is currently offline Oliver GardinerFriend
Hi Pauline,

Many thanks - that looks ideal at first glance at the description. I will check out the code and have a closer look. In the meantime, I'll create a menu task to run the custom validation manually. A couple of quick follow up questions:
1. Is this expected to be released in 2020-12?
2. Is this in the nightly build and stable enough to have a play with?

Thanks again,

Oliver
Re: Custom builder in Papyrus-based RCP won't run [message #1834032 is a reply to message #1833973] Fri, 30 October 2020 14:22 Go to previous message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hi Oliver,
it is strange if your builder is not launch excepted if you removed the Eclipse builder from your RCP (I don't know if it is possible or not, I never made RCP...)
If I remember well, I noticed that it required to make a change in a project to launch the build process.

Concerning your two questions:
1. We are not sure this patch will be released in 2012-20 (and at this time, we don't plan to provide an extension way allowing user to add their own builder/validator).
The purpose of this developpement was to provide a way for us (papyrus developper) to get error marker during the build process. We need errors on EMF/Uml models (like you), but also in Manifest.MF and in others ecore model/metamodel used by Papyrus internally.
2. The Papyrus nightly is the most stable as possible, but if you read frequently this forum, you maybe saw that we planne to make a Papyrus 5.0 for 2020-12 with bigs changes. mainly, the remove of re-exported dependencies in the plugin + migration to java 11.
These patches should be integrated in few weeks. Once it will be pushed, you will need to update your code on this new version of Papyrus (if your developpement targets 2020-12 too).

Concerning the UML models/diagrams created by users, there should be no impact for them.
Previous Topic:CSS reference element selector
Next Topic:Enable display of stereotype compartments from language extension plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:02:46 GMT 2024