Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » New Page Output per unique ID/Column
New Page Output per unique ID/Column [message #1833921] Tue, 27 October 2020 20:06 Go to next message
Kyle Dignan is currently offline Kyle DignanFriend
Hey guys -

I'm pretty new to BIRT reporting so I'm not even sure this is possible.

I've been asked to make an "employee profile" export. My dataset consists of rows of employee IDs, with names, job history etc.

What I want to do is, for each unique ID, generate a separate page when run, displaying all the information relating to that ID/row, iterating until there was no more data (or no more unique employee IDs). All the tutorial videos display the data in rows all on one page, or in charts etc

My gut is that it's something really simple, but if anyone know where to start with this type of query.

I'm not sure it makes a different but I'm using a flat data source (csv) file.

Thank you in advance!
Re: New Page Output per unique ID/Column [message #1833953 is a reply to message #1833921] Wed, 28 October 2020 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbaak Mising name is currently offline rbaak Mising nameFriend
Do you know how to set groups in the table properties?

I'm not sure why that would not work for what you described.

You would just need to set a page break after each id as the group page break setting.

Re: New Page Output per unique ID/Column [message #1833961 is a reply to message #1833953] Wed, 28 October 2020 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kyle Dignan is currently offline Kyle DignanFriend
Hello, and thank you so much for your response!

I'm super new to BIRT, but setting up groups sounds like something more easily searchable for a tutorial/support, as does the page break method.

I'll do some experimenting, and thank you again for your time.

Kind regards,

Kyle
Re: New Page Output per unique ID/Column [message #1833962 is a reply to message #1833961] Wed, 28 October 2020 23:04 Go to previous message
rbaak Mising name is currently offline rbaak Mising nameFriend
No problem. You will find there isn't much support on BIRT besides here and Stack Overflow.

This playlist should help you pick up some momentum. Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLht0txJzVxKFp1WRUOouv7rQfkCmLjVas

Previous Topic:onCreate error
Next Topic:genReport on Linux using Oracle jdbc - Unable to open a connection with the database connection prof
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:53:01 GMT 2024