Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Using GPIOs and serial communication port with Raspberry Pi(How to map hardware GPIOs and communication ports in 4Diac program?)
Using GPIOs and serial communication port with Raspberry Pi [message #1833840] Sun, 25 October 2020 15:48 Go to next message
Pradeep Patel is currently offline Pradeep PatelFriend
I am using Raspberry Pi 3 board with Raspbian OS. I am writing a 4Diac program to toggle one digital output on board and read one digital input connected to switch. For this i was referring to documentation at following link:
https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/en_help.php?helppage=html/parameters/parameters.html#sysfs

My questions are:
1. Should i refer topic "SysFs (Raspberry Pi, Beagle Bone Black and Similar Boards)" or "Raspberry-SPS" on above link for writing programs for Raspberry Pi 3 board?

2. I have schematics for Rapsberry Pi board on which there is GPIO connector. As per schematics GPIOs on connector has numbers like GPIO2, GPIO3, and so on. How do i map these GPIOs in my 4Diac program?

3. What is the way to use communication channels like I2C? Do i have to create my own function block to access I2C port of raspberry Pi board? if yes, where can i find documentation for same?

4. Where can i find documentation for creating custom function block and related source code for this function block in Forte?

I have gone through embrick and wago source files in Forte source code but it is difficult to understand the flow of function calls from function block initialization to accessing hardware GPIOs or communication ports through Forte. Is there any documentation explaining this function call flow?

[Updated on: Sun, 25 October 2020 17:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using GPIOs and serial communication port with Raspberry Pi [message #1833937 is a reply to message #1833840] Wed, 28 October 2020 13:50 Go to previous message
Pradeep Patel is currently offline Pradeep PatelFriend
I could find answers to my questions in 1 & 2 above, referring different messages in forum.
I could also find some information on way to use communication channels like I2C. However, it is only after studying forte source code and is not very clear to me.
Please guide me with implementation of I2C function block or provide link to some existing relevant message in forum.
Previous Topic:Older cmake does not support continue()
Next Topic:Run 4diac as super user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:46:53 GMT 2024