Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » EMF (ATL and Java Class in same project)(Is there any way to combine ATL, java code in a EMF project?)
EMF (ATL and Java Class in same project) [message #1833832] Sun, 25 October 2020 10:43 Go to next message
Jaodat Rahman is currently offline Jaodat RahmanFriend
When I open an ATL (Atlas Transformation Language) Project and I try to write a java class, I won't allow me to do that saying "source is not a java project"
Again If I Open an EMF empty project, I can open the Java class but ATL transformation does not work as it can't produce the .asm file.
Is there a way to combine both these technologies as ATL is based on EMF so i hoped it would be possible?
I tried to add ATL core Plug-in Dependencies to my EMF project, but still it didn't work.
Any help would be much appreciated because I am badly stuck. Thanks in advance.
Re: EMF (ATL and Java Class in same project) [message #1833869 is a reply to message #1833832] Mon, 26 October 2020 16:24 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
These are hidden files that have important information about the project. Specifically the .project file. Use the View menu icon to change the Filters... (in Package Explorer) or Filters and Customizations... (in the Project Explorer) and uncheck the .* resources filter. Then you can look at the .project file to see which natures and buildCommands are there for each type of project. No doubt the Java project is missing ATL's nature/builder and the ATL project is missing JDT's and PDE's nature/builder.

You should look at this page for the best place to ask about ATL:

https://www.eclipse.org/atl/support/

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Jakarta ee web project
Next Topic:Combine Papyrus, EcoreTools and ATL Transformation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:31:29 GMT 2024