Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » APP4MC » PortType initiator vs responder (ECU to ECU communication over CAN ConnectionHandler 2 Ports (1x Initiator & 1x Responder) or 1 Port (I & R or _undefined_)?)
PortType initiator vs responder [message #1833738] Thu, 22 October 2020 21:58 Go to next message
Henning Riedel is currently offline Henning RiedelFriend
The question about the OffChip communication actually brought up again my confusion about ports and their port type being "initiator" vs "responder" again.

Lets say I have 2 ECUs (EcuA & EcuB) connected over a CAN-ConnectionHandler Can0, should each ECU have actually then 2 ports to the Can0, one port as "initiator" and one port as "responder"? Like, I want to send something from EcuA to EcuB and wait for EcuB to send a response back to EcuA? Or does "_undefined_" mean it is both, or is there just the "both" missing in the port type?

Re: PortType initiator vs responder [message #1834119 is a reply to message #1833738] Tue, 03 November 2020 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Falk Wurst is currently offline Falk WurstFriend
Hi,

Currently we model it with two ports, one initator and one responder port per ECU.

We will discuss if we add an additional option like "bidirectional" or "both" to the Amalthea hardware model.

Thanks for your question.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 November 2020 10:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PortType initiator vs responder [message #1834153 is a reply to message #1834119] Wed, 04 November 2020 00:41 Go to previous message
Henning Riedel is currently offline Henning RiedelFriend
Thanks, I was just asking also in case the simulation/analysis tools are aware of them. Like if it is _undefined_ it could be both receiving or transmitting something, but if it is e,g, set to initiator, it will never receive something and certain task/runnable will be blocked for ever waiting on a never happening ChannelRead or such.
Previous Topic:Visualize Task Execution
Next Topic:HW MemoryDefinition, Memory and MemoryMapping
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:28:27 GMT 2024