Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » How to protect master branch in github?
How to protect master branch in github? [message #1833571] Mon, 19 October 2020 01:26 Go to next message
Gowrisankar Ponnusamy is currently offline Gowrisankar PonnusamyFriend
Hi All,

As part my project, want to create repositories with 2 branches (master and develop) for each business unit in our organization by using JGIT library. I could create the repos and branches but I also want to protect the master branch once created. I don't find any help for doing it using JGIT.

Could anyone please guide me on this use case?

Thanks in advance!
Gowrisankar
Re: How to protect master branch in github? [message #1833590 is a reply to message #1833571] Mon, 19 October 2020 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What happens if developers in those business units use a different git client, like the CLI? This is something your backend provider would need to support for you.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: How to protect master branch in github? [message #1833609 is a reply to message #1833590] Mon, 19 October 2020 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gowrisankar Ponnusamy is currently offline Gowrisankar PonnusamyFriend
Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your response!

Actually the repos and branches would be used/accessed via our application (REST Service) only and nobody in our org will interact to the repos and branches in github via some other git client.

So I want to know if JGIT library has options to protect the master branch.

Thanks
Gowri
Re: How to protect master branch in github? [message #1838160 is a reply to message #1833609] Wed, 17 February 2021 19:36 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
JGit implements git in Java but it is not a github client knowing how to talk to their proprietary REST API.
Previous Topic:EGit UI Workbench cannot be created yet
Next Topic:Clone LFS exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:31:05 GMT 2024