Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » X-Axis Interactivity
X-Axis Interactivity [message #1833557] Fri, 16 October 2020 20:17 Go to next message
Lady bug is currently offline Lady bugFriend
Hi,

Is it possible to send value of X-Axis label in Bar Chart as a parameter for drill down, on mouse click event? For example, I have product types listed on X-axis. Values are product1, product2, product3, product4. I am trying to pass value "product3" as parameter when I click on that label itself.

I tried to define Interactivity for X-Axis, but I was not able to send actual label value. When I try to pass row["productType"], value product4 is always picked up.

Also, I tried to add script in beforeDrawAxisLabel, but could see that label.setAction() method is not available- I am getting "Cannot find function setAction in object org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.component.impl.LabelImpl".
I was trying to define drillthrough target, and to assign it to label action.

Re: X-Axis Interactivity [message #1833620 is a reply to message #1833557] Mon, 19 October 2020 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbaak Mising name is currently offline rbaak Mising nameFriend
Are you using open source BIRT? You can pass parameters to drill down to another report.

Re: X-Axis Interactivity [message #1833639 is a reply to message #1833620] Tue, 20 October 2020 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lady bug is currently offline Lady bugFriend
Yes, I am using open source Birt and I am able to define parameters, but I am not able to send value of x label as parameter.

I tried with row["productType"], but it always takes last label value on x axis (in my example product 4). In expression builder 'Available Column Bindings' option is not available, same option is available in Value (Y) Series Interactivity, screenshot is attached.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 October 2020 09:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: X-Axis Interactivity [message #1833666 is a reply to message #1833639] Tue, 20 October 2020 19:10 Go to previous message
rbaak Mising name is currently offline rbaak Mising nameFriend
You should use the Y series interactivity option as the drill through option if you are trying to pass the X axis value. It will filter that particular column when you match it to the drill through report's parameter.

I think they just built it this way so they don't have conflicting actions.

Previous Topic:Creating Data Set sort Available Fields box
Next Topic:Date parameter not working Date=any date
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:58:46 GMT 2024