Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Custom CLIENT FB with additional SDs(creating a custom CLIENT FB which also uses CCommfb and CBaseCommFB and commlayer architecture)
Custom CLIENT FB with additional SDs [message #1833507] Thu, 15 October 2020 11:13 Go to next message
Niklas Huhs is currently offline Niklas HuhsFriend
Hello,

I need to create something like a CLIENT FB to send multiple(more than 2) values via TCP to a Python script running on a computer for visualization. Using the CLIENT_2 FB works fine but I would like to use more SDs.

If I create a custom GEN_CLIENTx class in forte, is it possible to create the FB in the IDE and assign it to the .cpp and .h files? Or could I just create CLIENT_3, CLIENT_4 etc. in the IDE and make them use the GEN_CLIENT code?

I would appreciate it very much, if someone could give me a tip about the best way to solve this.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Custom CLIENT FB with additional SDs [message #1833510 is a reply to message #1833507] Thu, 15 October 2020 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose Maria Jesus Cabral Lassalle is currently offline Jose Maria Jesus Cabral LassalleFriend
You just need to create the CLIENT_3 and so on in the IDE, keeping the interface and just adding the SD/RD according to it and forte will handle it automatically.

Just a note:

CLIENT_3 has 3 data to send (SD) and 3 to receive (RD)
CLIENT_3_0 has 3 data to send (SD) and 0 to receive (RD)
CLIENT_0_3 has 0 data to send (SD) and 3 to receive (RD)

you can create any combination according to what you need
Re: Custom CLIENT FB with additional SDs [message #1833511 is a reply to message #1833507] Thu, 15 October 2020 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Melik Merkumians is currently offline Martin Melik MerkumiansFriend
Hi Niklas,

" Or could I just create CLIENT_3, CLIENT_4 etc. in the IDE and make them use the GEN_CLIENT code?" - exactly

Best regards
Martin
Re: Custom CLIENT FB with additional SDs [message #1833512 is a reply to message #1833511] Thu, 15 October 2020 11:32 Go to previous message
Niklas Huhs is currently offline Niklas HuhsFriend
Awesome.
Thanks Jose and Martin

Best regards,
Niklas
Previous Topic:Locate Segfault
Next Topic:Any FB can call webservice?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:54:59 GMT 2024