Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » TreeLayer and RowReorderLayer -> supported?
TreeLayer and RowReorderLayer -> supported? [message #1833476] Wed, 14 October 2020 11:52 Go to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hello eveybody,
I would like to know if someone already tried to use the TreeLayer and the RowReorderLayer in the same table ? Is it possible ?
The goal is to be able to reorde a selected element and reparenting it from a given level to another one.

For example, with this list:
1. item 1
1.1 subitem 1.1
1.2 subitem 1.2
1.2.1 subsubitem 1.2.1
1.2.2 subsubitem 1.2.2
1.2.3 subsubitem 1.2.3
1.3 subitem 1.3
2. item 2
2.1 subitem 2.1
2.2 subitem 2.2
2.3 subitem 2.3

We would like to be able to move the row subsubitem 1.2.1
- between 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 (reorder)
- between 1.1 and 1.2 (repartenting)

The same with others item of course.

I precise that my current table already uses RowHideShowLayer, ColumnReorderLayer, GlazedList and many other well known layer.

So, is is possible ?
Please do you have an example somewhere ?

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
/Vincent
Re: TreeLayer and RowReorderLayer -> supported? [message #1833481 is a reply to message #1833476] Wed, 14 October 2020 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

well the question is what you expect as a result. If you reorder a row inside a tree, do you expect that the underlying data structure is updated also, or should it only change the visual representation. Because the RowReorderLayer only changes the visual representation, not the underlying data structure.

Since I assume you want to change the underlying data structure by reordering, the RowReorderLayer won't be much of a help for you. You actually need to implement some reorder drag actions that operate on the underlying data structure. And how that should work depends on your data structure, because using GlazedLists will probably also not work as the tree structure is build up on a list structure, so how should the tree structuring mechanism react on reorder operations? Not a question that can be answered easily.

Greez,
Dirk
Re: TreeLayer and RowReorderLayer -> supported? [message #1833514 is a reply to message #1833481] Thu, 15 October 2020 11:58 Go to previous message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hi Dirk,
thank you for your answer! Yes, of course, we want to update the structure of the data in the GlazedList too. So I understand that it is possible, but we have a great effort to do to get the expected result.

/Vincent
Previous Topic:StackOverFlow Error
Next Topic:Unit Tests - Issues with timeout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:50:19 GMT 2024