Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » ParseInt for Java in Eclipse?
ParseInt for Java in Eclipse? [message #1833420] Mon, 12 October 2020 17:59 Go to next message
Stephen Sabo is currently offline Stephen SaboFriend
Hi all,

Student here, working on an assignment that requires the input of the program to be done in the console. The autograder does not permit for "System.in" and instead requires all of the variables to be input by using parseInt. Below is an example of how the program should be run:

java className 2 4 6 3 1 0

My problem is that I do not know how to utilize parseInt or the console for inputs like so, only System.in to the scanner, which is prohibited under the assignment.

I am not asking for help on this assignment! I've got the code done with parseInt inside of it, but I have no idea how to call on the program with the varaibles to run the program! I know that homework help must be frowned upon, but I am just trying to understand this input aspect of the program more.

Thanks,
-Steve
Re: ParseInt for Java in Eclipse? [message #1833425 is a reply to message #1833420] Mon, 12 October 2020 21:24 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Those are your program arguments, passed to your "main" method as its method arguments.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Simple Question(s)
Next Topic:eclipse 2020-06 and PyDev crash
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:41:18 GMT 2024