Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » how to get Architecture Contexts(on install, I only have Software--Profile , Software--UML ----- what about the rest)
how to get Architecture Contexts [message #1832949] Tue, 29 September 2020 20:15 Go to next message
Michael Moore is currently offline Michael MooreFriend
Hello,

I'm just trying Papyrus for the first time, on Windows.

When I open it, it only has two Architecture Contexts. I'm attaching a screenshot.

I think I very much want the guidance of other Contexts for business processes or systems, and it seems like Papyrus promises to have them.

How do we get more Architectural Contexts?
Re: how to get Architecture Contexts [message #1832966 is a reply to message #1832949] Wed, 30 September 2020 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello,

It depends on which architecture context you want to use. For example, if you want to use SysML context, you'll have to install Papyrus SysML component from the following update site :
http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/papyrus/components/sysml14/
To install additional contents in Papyrus (and in Eclipse environment in general), you can go through the menu : Help > Install New Software.

HTH.

Yoann.
Re: how to get Architecture Contexts [message #1832994 is a reply to message #1832966] Wed, 30 September 2020 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply.

I'll check that out sometime.

---------
Let's suggest to the developers that hopefully they will connect these links to the tools where they are needed, such as the Install Application Context window.
And maybe put them in the Help web pages when they introduce using the Contexts and advertise how many they support.
Re: how to get Architecture Contexts [message #1833159 is a reply to message #1832966] Mon, 05 October 2020 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks again for your reply last week.

I'm just getting back to trying this install process.
I see that that specific URL indeed specifically points to SysML.
That is nice to have.

--- If I want to explore other architecture contexts, are there any sites that collect these URL's ?

I struggle to find any others by searching online.
(in fact, what I want to do is explore many modelling languages/contexts and see what is best for me)
Re: how to get Architecture Contexts [message #1833163 is a reply to message #1833159] Mon, 05 October 2020 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello,

This link could help you : https://www.eclipse.org/papyrus/relatives.html
It references some projects around Papyrus, probably not all.

HTH.
Yoann.
Re: how to get Architecture Contexts [message #1833170 is a reply to message #1833163] Mon, 05 October 2020 12:30 Go to previous message
Thanks so much again for your reply.
Yes, that link is very much what I'm looking for.
And I see the "eclipse marketplace" that is referenced in there is also another way to discover modules/plugins.

I appreciate your quick replies as I get oriented to the eclipse world.
It seems that it is all pretty reasonable once you understand how it works, but for someone totally new to eclipse it's quite a challenge to get started.
Maybe it depends where one tries to start from, and papyrus is not intended for people new to eclipse.
But I'm actually just here for the modeling and not for writing Java, at least for now :-) .
Previous Topic:Reverse Engineer Java Plugin doesn't create associations
Next Topic:Multiline String in Stereotype
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:00:51 GMT 2024