Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Javascript Syntax Highlighting Renders Some Text Invisible(Default javascript syntax highlighting is unreadable, multiple elements are black or very dark text on black background)
Javascript Syntax Highlighting Renders Some Text Invisible [message #1832931] Tue, 29 September 2020 15:50 Go to next message
Matthew Aikens is currently offline Matthew AikensFriend
How do I change syntax highlighting for Javascript? I installed every piece of software I could find that was related to Javascript in an attempt to get something to show up for JS in the list of internal file associations. It finally did, but now I'm regretting it because instead of a black background with only white text, now I get extremely inappropriate text colours on a black background, making my js files unreadable. Attempting to change the colouring in Preferences -> Web -> Client-side Javascript has no effect, and I can't find any other place to change it.

This is in a PHP project from Git, in PHP perspective.
Re: Javascript Syntax Highlighting Renders Some Text Invisible [message #1832935 is a reply to message #1832931] Tue, 29 September 2020 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

In which editor are you opening your JavaScript files? Client-side JavaScript options would only affect JavaScript
inside of web pages, for editors where that functionality is actually available.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Javascript Syntax Highlighting Renders Some Text Invisible [message #1833119 is a reply to message #1832935] Fri, 02 October 2020 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I kind of figured that one didn't apply, but I tried it anyway. I'm in the PHP editor, I believe.
Re: Javascript Syntax Highlighting Renders Some Text Invisible [message #1833299 is a reply to message #1833119] Thu, 08 October 2020 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright, well it looks like the Sunburst theme in Eclipse Color Themes is somehow broken in Eclipse, but not in Zend Studio - this theme worked fine for javascript files when I used it in Zend Studio, and it works just fine for PHP and HTML files in Eclipse, but it renders javascript in an unreadable mess, so I have to switch my JS editor to general text editor, and now it's just black and white. Lame.

No one has a solution for this? Should I just change themes?
Re: Javascript Syntax Highlighting Renders Some Text Invisible [message #1833664 is a reply to message #1833299] Tue, 20 October 2020 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump, still haven't found a solution to this problem....
Re: Javascript Syntax Highlighting Renders Some Text Invisible [message #1834145 is a reply to message #1833664] Tue, 03 November 2020 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone direct me to whom I should report this bug? In my setup, there is no way to edit the appearance of javascript files. This is not intended functionality.
Re: Javascript Syntax Highlighting Renders Some Text Invisible [message #1834150 is a reply to message #1834145] Tue, 03 November 2020 21:24 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

It sounds like you might not have Wild Web Developer, which is what's recommended for editing .js files in the Generic Text Editor, installed.
If you do have it installed, you'd file any issues when editing a .js file at https://github.com/eclipse/wildwebdeveloper/issues .

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Eclipse SSL error server certificate might be invalid
Next Topic:Eclipse IDE 2020-06 Proxy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:06:56 GMT 2024